Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Ok, yeah it's the check engine light by the ignition and blower switch. Did the dealer ever determine why yours came on and also do you think I'm hurting anything by running mine on a fake a lake.

The water is a good 45min to a hour away and I have different off days as the wife and don't wont to head out by myself just for it to die on me.

It could be the fake a lake, it could be the fuel, its hard to tell but since your original problem was a crank no start, but it would RUN then I wouldn't be so worried about that CEL. It could be do to you by passing the ignition start up sequence when you sprayed fuel down the intake to make it run.

I would be happy I got it to crank and start, and run for now.

Worry about that CEL after you have time to put it in the water.

You could always disconnect the battery to reset the ECM, then restart it and see if that CEL comes on again. I would still be leaning towards it doesn't like your old fuel.

On mine, no the dealer never figured out the issue. I think its a fuel issue, old fuel or the boat not being up to temp because my lake is cold and it was only on when we first start surfing. After we do a pull or two the boat is up to operating temp and the light is gone. Only time it ever stayed on all the time was the very first run in 13 when it had old fuel. As soon as I put new fuel in it the light was gone.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks you've been a big help.
    I also disconnected the battery's when I changed the fuel filter so that might have reset the ECM and with a combo of things worked its self out. But I'm with you leaning towards the fuel. The gas I dumped out of the old filter and the lines that ran to it we're pretty cloudy.

Shoot, you guys got me worried. I laid up back in September. Usually run all the way into late October and get out in Feb. so I don't worry about fuel at all. Just top off with fresh and I'm good to go. This year it's gonna be mid March before I get out. I tried to siphon fuel out through the fill spout but couldn't get into the tank. How would you empty the tank? I'd rather run the fuel through the lawnmower, dirtbikes, etc. and put fresh fuel in at this point.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I leave a gallon of treated non-ethanol gas in the tank over the winter and then pump it all out and then pump fresh fuel through the lines and gas filter. Bad gas messes up too many things. You will know why it is good to get rid of the gas when you look at how nasty it looks.

I run a jumper to the fuel pump and drain it into a gas can and I have a carburetor. I'm not sure about FI.

I keep this gas away from my small engine stuff and dump it into the vehicles where it is mixed with the existing gas and diluted. Dirt bikes are more susceptable to varnishing so I keep it away from old gas.
    Last edited by zabooda; 02-19-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

After jumping all around my boat the last couple days I've learned a couple things. If you can't get a hose down the filler cap just follow that line down untill it reaches the tank. Then disconnect the line there and put the hose directly into the tank some filler cap might have an anti siphon in them.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Shoot, you guys got me worried. I laid up back in September. Usually run all the way into late October and get out in Feb. so I don't worry about fuel at all. Just top off with fresh and I'm good to go. This year it's gonna be mid March before I get out. I tried to siphon fuel out through the fill spout but couldn't get into the tank. How would you empty the tank? I'd rather run the fuel through the lawnmower, dirtbikes, etc. and put fresh fuel in at this point.
    Go but a bottle of Stabil green stuff, its for Ethanol fuel.
    Buy a Bottle of Octane Booster.

Dump those in and you will be fine. Go run some fuel out and full with Supreme. Then you will be fine.

I do this each spring since my fuel is normally 6+ months old when we first hit the lake.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Just wanted to give some updates. Was out on the lake yesterday for about 5 hours. Boat started but still with some issues.
    It would start on its own but had to crank it more than a few times and once the engine caught I'd have to throw the throttle froward to keep it running. Then like I said we were there all day and it ran like a champ.
    I'm leaning toward the earlier suggestion about replacing the fuel pump and was wondering if someone could give me a part number or a good place to pick one up.

Thanks

I'm still confused with this issue.
    Was out the last couple weekends on the water but this is getting old. Before we head to the lake I hook the boat up to the hose to make sure she'll start and does but takes about ten turns of the key to get it running. Then get to the lake, drop it in the water, and it starts after a couple turns.
    After running for a while I think we're good to go and I'll shut it down to jump in the water for a while and go to start it back up and takes forever. Now we only turn it off when we'll be somewhere for a while and are not worried about being in someone's way and trying to get it started.
    Hell even at the boat launch I never consider turning it off after pulling it off the trailer or getting ready to load it up at the end of the day. I'll let that thing run out of gas before I consider sitting at the dock in front of everybody and having a non-starting boat again.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

id also say fuel..mine does the early summer purge..sometimes ill get her to start and and under load she will purge..there should be a part number on the pump. if not there are a few online shops that will have the pump
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)