Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PP and Steering Cable

So yesterday I dropped some coin at Rinkers in Houston and walked out with perfect pass and a new steering cable for my 2008 LSV. Anyone have any pointers on installing these items???

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I can't help much with the PP, but I installed a new steering cable last week on my 2006 Möbius LSV and it was far easier than I had imagined. I followed these instructions step by step and it went as smooth as possible. It is easier to have someone with you to make sure the rudder is straight while connecting the cable at the steering column.
    Good luck!
    http://www.waketrader.net/pdf/Boat-S...eplacement.pdf
    2006 Mobius LSV

Have done both - PM me if those cable instructions are foggy. Should be similar to your LSV.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

When I pulled the old steering cable, I attached a "snake" (a string would work too) to it. I put it on the new cable and pulled it to the back of the boat with ease.

If you got Stargazer, PP should be a cinch with DBW.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Got the PP installed, super easy. About 3/4 of the way done with steering cable. While it's all apart I went ahead and picked up some blue lights for the gauges. Hopefully we will get to test it all tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Took her out on a private lake by the house yesterday (I know someone who lives in the neighborhood) and the PP worked great. Held speed, gave me a water temp reading, the whole 9 yards. Super happy about it and can't wait to ride with it

Sent from my iPhone
    David

Good for you. Glad it worked out. Fun days coming soon.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hey, David. What were the symptoms that led to you replacing your steering cable? My wheel turns easily in both directions and doesn't vibrate or anything. It had a little bit of rattle so I pulled the wheel off and tightened the little allen screw then put the wheel back on tight. That part is fine now. But, it still has a lot of play in it. So, running around 20 MPH it will almost "jerk" when you start to turn. If feels like 3-5" of play from right to left. Kind of scary.
    I took everything apart at the rudder but didn't find anything that could be adjusted/tightened. I was wondering if you had these symptoms before you replaced your cable and if it helped.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I had these symptoms before the cable replacement and I still have them after. I don't know what else to replace except for maybe the tilt wheel assembly and the rudder

Sent from my iPhone
    David

I have noticed that when towing somebody the symptoms are much improved. I think it's like a tail on a kite or something. But, running without towing you have to be careful as the rudder will "catch" when you change direction a little bit.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!