Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Default Moomba Newbie - With a Few Basic Questions

Hi All,

After many, many years of renting a cabin and a boat for one week a year up in Northern Wisconsin to ski and wakeboard, we finally bit the bullet this Fall and bought a lake home and have now bought our first boat - a brand new, 2014 Mobius LSV with all kinds of cool stuff to keep us busy all summer.

We'll drop the boat in the water after Memorial Day, but I already have a few newbie questions that I hope you guys can help with (and more to come this summer):

1. With the 2 tower speakers, can I selectively turn those on and off while keeping the main cockpit speakers on?
    2. Is there an easy Bluetooth adapter to run iTunes wirelessly, or do I need to plug in my iPod/iPhone/iPad?
    3. I need to replace the existing cedar pier and old boat hoist in our sandy-bottom lake. Any suggestions for a good manufacturer? I great things about Pier Pleasure, but I'm looking for experience from you guys.

Thanks for any help on these questions, and I look forward of learning a lot from this group of Moomba enthusiasts.

Nice work and congrats on the new cabin and boat! All of my free time is spent day dreaming of life at the cabin and I'm sure it will consume you shortly! Along with all of you cash...

I'm only qualified to comment on question 3. Since you are a northy as well, I'm guessing you are looking at a removable aluminum lift. Minimum 5k lb lift and possibly 6k since after lake life changes your DNA you will be looking at bigger boats in 2-3 years. I don't care what the boat lift salesman tells you it needs to be self leveling with out of the water jacks on each corner since water levels change. Unless you have an army of friends on call at anytime you need wheels on it that will screw up/down cause these big lifts are monsters to take out. All big name manufactures make extra boat lift risers to accommodate the V-drive shaft that is not needed for I/O's. My lift requires a minimum of 4 ft water depth at the stern to accommodate the lift cradle and riser bunks. My only other 'must have' is an 110v electric winch hoist with remote to save those arms for pulling tantrums!
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

I lied....I've never pulled a tantrum
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    Hi All,

Northern Wisconsin
    We'll drop the boat in the water after Memorial Day,
    let me know how that works for ya
    I'm supposed to go pick mine up in seymour on april 12 and I'm not sure the roads will be clear of snow by then let alone the lakes up north thawed..

welcome, post a new member thread with pics and put your location in the sig so all us in the frozen tundra can stick together

I'm not going to answer any of your questions as no dock and not familiar with your particular stereo setup but welcome and enjoy..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Hey another Wisconsin member congratulations on the purchase!! What lake are you going to be on?

When I was looking at the factory head units they are not BT yet, a $30 puck plugged into the head unit aux would work. The rest of the stereo is a guess as far as what package you ordered.

Alot of family members have had good luck with the Shore stations. All 4 post lifts are a pain to get in and out but that is the best option in WI. Dock wise it really depends on your budget, it will have to be removable and Flow make the top of the line docks.

Either way it is going to be a great summer.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Thanks Boatdrinks, and I'm already finding my mind wandering up North with thoughts of water-skiing and wake boarding during these cold/snowy/icy/miserable February days in Chicago...

We are definitely looking at the removable aluminum boat hoist. My brother-in-law has a Shore Station for his '02 Natique and has been very happy so far (we're on the same ~400 acre lake), but I've been told to look at Pier Pleasure as well as Floe. And that's a great heads up on the depth needed at the stern to accommodate the V-Drive, I hadn't expected to need it that deep up front.

And I'll definitely have to look hard at the electric lift option - although I was planning on using my 3 boys to save my arms from that! Thanks again, and I'll get some pics posted of the new ride as soon as I get a few decent shots.

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Hey another Wisconsin member congratulations on the purchase!! What lake are you going to be on?

When I was looking at the factory head units they are not BT yet, a $30 puck plugged into the head unit aux would work. The rest of the stereo is a guess as far as what package you ordered.

Alot of family members have had good luck with the Shore stations. All 4 post lifts are a pain to get in and out but that is the best option in WI. Dock wise it really depends on your budget, it will have to be removable and Flow make the top of the line docks.

Either way it is going to be a great summer.
    Thanks Mark. We're just east of Eagle River on Anvil Lake, can't wait to get the boat/dock/hoist in the water and start enjoying this awesome boat. And thanks for the help on the wireless option - I'm heading to Best Buy today to grab a BT unit to wirelessly connect to the head unit. Can't wait to get going this Spring!

You cheeseheads chill out. He's actually a Chicago guy. Go Bears!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    You cheeseheads chill out. He's actually a Chicago guy. Go Bears!
    Kaneboats nailed it... as a California guy who married a Milwaukee-born wife, we've ended up living in Chicago but escaping to Northern Wisconsin for many enjoyable lake vacations (on the same lake that her family has been vacationing on for 30+ years).

Now that we've bought the lake home + new Mobius LSV, I'm now an official tax-paying Wisconsin homeowner! Although I'm trying to figure out if I can get away with flying a Chicago Bears flag from our beach without getting our place torched by our neighbors....

ever wanna stop off in green bay and run the river some morning, holla..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten