Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any Moomba owners who are runners/joggers?

Just curious as to

what distances you are running,

are you training for any particular race and

what training programs you presently are using.

If you would like to start a running/walking program - speak up.

Lots of good info available

the guy that won the boston marathon is heading to green bay in a few weeks to run in the Bellin run. one of the biggest here in the area.

I'll be watching from the couch
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I would have won the Boston Marathon if that guy didn't keep getting in my way...(and 36,999 others)

No distance running,but my nephew has a cross-fit gym and we do some running with are workouts mostly just a mile or two in between the Burbees box jumps and kettle ball swings and the other 100 exercises he throws at us,ive always admired long distance runners im more of a sprinter than distance.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

you cross-fit guys/gals are nuts!!

There is a cross fit gym next to one of my favorite running trails. Can't believe what I see these folks doing - humping sand bags up and down steep hills, carrying heavy barbells on their shoulders for a fairly long distance, flipping those big 'ole truck tires...

My wife was a sprinter in high school and college - she can still run faster than me

A while back we were starting to put together a group of folks who wanted to finish a marathon together (under the flag of Moomba Maniac Marathoners) - not fast, just finish.

Yes,Cross-Fit can be just crazy sometimes, we as a group try to do Spartan runs or mud runs and we just have fun and finish together and help each other over some of the obstacles,are worse workout was last week called The Murph in honor of Navy Seal Michael Murphy for Memorial Day, 1 mile run, 300 air squats,200 push-ups,100 pull-ups,and another 1 mile run,took me 55 mins and my wife did it in 68 mins the best time was 41 mins i am still sore and that was last Tuesday LOL
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

(Lunk Alarm) "I pick things up and put them down." 2-4 days in the gym/week Heavy weights with short rest intervals is my favorite gym cardio.

My wife runs marathons. I have no desire. Basketball was my cardio until about 2 months ago. It's summer time so sprinting, swimming and boarding is the summer time program.
    2010 MOBIUS LSV

I picked up running about 10 yrs ago. Done 5 marathons including Boston 2 yrs ago. I don't love running but it keeps me in shape and allows me to eat the stuff I probably shouldn't . I did run the Grand Canyon rim to rim to rim about 2 months ago which was an epic adventure!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

was that the 2012 or 2013 Boston you ran?

Either way, congrats on getting in!

I was there in 2013 - very interesting day

2012. I can't imagine how tough 2013 would have been, what a sad day for sure. In 2012 there was record heat and they race officials kept sending out emails to all runners warning of the heat and the potential for overheating and dehydration. Finally the day before the race they said they would give anyone a "rain check" for next year (2013)if they wanted rather than risk running in the heat. I'm glad it decided to stick it out and suffer through the heat rather than come back in 2013.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190