Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Dive mask or goggles for when you're having to use the knife. I'd suggest a knife with a serrated blade or edge so you can saw thru the rope.

Have this in the glove box. Goggles plus knife and pliers on a wrist leash. Easy to see what you are doing underwater and never lose a tool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Oars.

I can't be the only one? They take up very little space since they lay nice and flat. And when you need them, you will be so thankful they are there. I last used mine this fall. The engine started fine so I just let it float off of the trailer, but the transmission wouldn't engage (cable came out of mount). There was a bit of breeze and before we knew it, we were a few hundred feet off of the dock. Given the time of year, we were basically the only ones on the water so no one was there to help.

+1 for knife and googles

I'll also add bottle openers... they seem to disappear quickly.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Thanks everyone. Like I have said in the past, I am new to this game so I appreciate everyone's input.

Although I have scoured this forum as well as other forums, there are additional suggestions in this post that I think are great!

Now I just have to get my list finalized and see what the damage is.
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

On last question although this is a little off topic, do most people use RockTamers to prevent rock chips. I am looking at RockTamers but before I purchase them, I want to make sure there isn't a different product I should be looking at.
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Default Additional items for new boat

I just picked up a cheap pair of binos to put in the boat this year.

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

In my earlier reply, I did not bother to list things that are required by law in most areas. One item to single out is paddles. You should carry two (even if only one is required), and I highly recommend the ones that double as boat hooks and have telescoping handles. Here are two examples:

http://www.thechandleryonline.com/pr...oducts_id=7767

http://www.thechandleryonline.com/pr...oducts_id=6359

They can both push and pull. In addition to paddling water during an engine failure, their hook/push functions are very handy around the dock or trailer when other boats docked in your way, or during high winds.

The telescoping handles make it easy to keep them in any of the main storage areas.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Nobody has mentioned this either but, if this is your first boat, especially if you have driven outboard and I/O boats but have limited or no inboard experience, it is advisable to practice driving before you take people out. Inboard boats have unique characteristics such as: rudder steering responds much more slowly at low speeds and also makes it nearly impossible to back up to the port side. Practice backing up and shifting to forward to straighten out. You will find you use reverse a lot more for correcting your direction. Practice approaching a dock at a 45 degree angle on the port side of the dock, then using reverse to pull the aft end toward (to starboard) the dock. You can go out in the middle of a body of water and toss some buoys overboard. Practice slowing, stopping, etc. near them without running them over. Have fun and good luck!!!!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Its funny you mentioned the steering difference,got a friend who bought him a nice used LSV after I bought mine and he now has it up for sale. He could never get used to the steering
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Make a nice tight "U" turn at 32 mph without slowing down and you learn to love the steering!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

One day I was trying to back up to the pumps on the lake and I guess the guy felt sorry for me, so he reached out with a long hook and hooked the tower and pulled me over, he finally said dont feel bad he has to pull most all of the inboards over to the pumps, I guess I did sorta look like a monkey *&%# a football
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David