Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Finally Skied Today

Finally made out for a couple of runs today. Nice day for a slalom. Water is a balmy 60 degrees. Really out of shape. Will try again next weekend. The season is on as far as Im concerned.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Default Finally Skied Today

Way to go Jack!

Nice to hear someone is getting out and skiing at that. Good on you, now all you have to do is do it for a dedicated few of us on here, hopefully with some pics to help tide us all over till we are able to get out and enjoy as well.

Our weather has been atrocious this year even by our cold Canadian winter standards. The way things are going if i/ we get out by May long , i will be astonded, and even that will most likely be wearing a drysuit. We just got another dump of nearly 4'' of snow and more -15 C weather. Enough is enough.
    07 Outback DD

I hear ya Mikey, what a wicked winter this year and seems like every where else from what everybody else is saying on this forum. The May long weekend this year will be a miracle the way things are going. I'm ready for spring.... ohhh wait the first day of spring was a few days ago right? LOL.
    2008 Moomba Outback V
    2002 Eagle E6 Sabre Jet Boat - Sold

Mikey & Reeder best consider a couple days in front of or behind the long weekend and head down to the Okanagan to run sme water through your intakes and manifolds. As a former Albertan and someone who grew up as a kid in the Okanagan just south of Vernon I know EXACTLY what the two of you are talking about??????

Having lived in GP for years Reeder I do feel for you! Short season and I hope you make the best of it! And Mikey Calgary weather is worse than Edmonton's in my personal opinion based on how close you are to the mountains!

I just got home last night from a week away working in Germany but this morning at 5:30 the air temp is 66 degrees Fahrenheit and water was 60 when I left last week. Been skiing without a wets suit for a couple of weeks down here already!

Want to get out and slash some bouys early this morning and continue to try and organize boxes as we are still moving into our new home! Plus work on getting into REAL ski shape! LOL

Bought be a new set of bindings for my ski that haven't been worn yet so that might be on today's list of too do's!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

You know talking like this doesn,t really help us out at all, its just making us very jellous. Oh well, good to hear things are good for you down there.

As for going to the okanagan, my dad lives just outside Vernon , but thats a long way to go, just to get the boat opened up and start the season. Maybe if i could go for a week or more would i justify the trip,also even at that time of year ,one could encounter some nasty weather trying to pull a boat that far,till you get to the warm side of the mountains anyway.
    Nice to get the boat reasembled,partially tested,via fake a lake etc, then go to a close by lake for an initiall season opening shake down.

If this weather continues , maybe some of us(your Canadian) friends might just hit you up for a visit and come down and help you break in your course etc.
    07 Outback DD

I am wearing a wet suit at 60 degrees. Sore as heck today. Too old and out a shape. Hope next weekend will work out for me but dont know. Only 50 today.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Mikey if you're ever down or coming down to Houston just let me know..............30 mins from downtown to flat water!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Glad to hear you got out, Jack. I'm getting close. Was gone for a week for work so I had yard work to do over the weekend but got it all done. Boat is about 2 work hours away from being season ready. This week maybe.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Annnnnddd... i went ice fishing this last weekend. We will be very lucky to be on the water by May long. Last year there were guys still ice fishing on May long!!!!!

This winter has been enough to try anyones patience.... so sick of the cold!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!