Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Way to go. Living the dream... Nice.
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by iwaterskihard View Post
    Nothing huge, great, or spectacular..............
    May not be huge, but it is great and spectacular. Congrats, that is certainly a dream of mine as I am sure it is a great many others on this forum. Looks fantastic!
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

Moving weekend was last weekend. Busy busy busy! But we are FINALLY in and now I get to start living my dream. We have some work to do yet and there is boxes every where so one would say it's a state of controlled CHAOS but none the less..............I get to sit on the waters edge every night now and go straight into my house rather than leave to go and bite my nails waiting for the keys!

Rod is doing the happy dance! Updated pics will follow as soon as I get my new dock completed! WooHoo let's ski and thrash around some bouys!!!!!!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Default Slalom Dream ................

congrats brother. love seeing folks living the dream

Sent from my iP5s on an app called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Awesome stuff, congrats. I always wanted to ski a course and you can do it all day every day. Living the dream !!!!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I closed on a lot last week and I am working with a designer/builder to get the floorplan down. About how much did it cost for you home in Price per square foot? If you don't mind me asking.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

@Maxpower - we are in the area of $115/sq ft on the building alone. We didn't want stairs and we wanted a completely functional house that feels like and represents everything about being on the water. Right down to our lights and cabinet knobs.
    We are currently going to add to the existing cement deck on the lake side and I have tore out the old dock to make way for a new 24 x 16 foot dock that will attach to my boat house. Going to install a barn type sliding door to maximize the the functionality of both the dock and boat house.
    I mean hey when the stereo and beer fridge are in the boat house one should make every effort to maximize all uses don't you think? lol

Good luck with your build and enjoy it. If you're 1/2 as happy as I am when your done then your cheeks will be sore from smiling so much.

Up next is landscaping. Make sure you budget 15-20% more than you think to complete that phase. Learniong that lesson the hard way unless your builder is going to include it in your quote? But that said you can do it way cheaper yourself if you're willing to put the work in?
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Thanks for the info. Got the quote from the builder at about $122.90 sq/ft. Since the land is on a slope, that includes an extra $15K in foundation work. So, the price is around $116 sq/ft without that.

I am waiting for a list price from the local lumber stores to get a rough cost to do it myself. Then I will decide if the hassle is worth the savings.

Thanks, the price is "turn key" with grass, plants, and a sprinkler system.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by iwaterskihard View Post
    @Maxpower - we are in the area of $115/sq ft on the building alone...
    WOW! that is certainly not California! It's been twenty years since we could build for that price per square foot.

And you cannot find any lakes except Clearlake (should be called "Anything but Clear-Lake") that has homes on it.

I keep telling my wife, in a few years, we are selling off everything and moving to either Florida or Texas. Somewhere warm and on the water.

What does a lot on the water go for in your areas if you don't mind me asking? Just a rough idea is all I want.

BTW, that looks AWESOME!!! Does that water garage have some kind of lift?
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Default Slalom Dream ................

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    WOW! that is certainly not California! It's been twenty years since we could build for that price per square foot.

And you cannot find any lakes except Clearlake (should be called "Anything but Clear-Lake") that has homes on it.

I keep telling my wife, in a few years, we are selling off everything and moving to either Florida or Texas. Somewhere warm and on the water.

What does a lot on the water go for in your areas if you don't mind me asking? Just a rough idea is all I want.

BTW, that looks AWESOME!!! Does that water garage have some kind of lift?
    There's a lot down the street from us on Lake LBJ for sale. 60' of waterfront and about a quarter acre. Asking price is $79k. On a nice channel with about a four minute ride to open water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk