Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just picked up new Mondo as well. Have not ordered new bags yet! Just wondering what it is going to take to get a good surf wave? Still to much ice where we live to get out and try. Any Mondo guys have any advice for what is working?

-Sioux
    2014 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by Jwredmon101 View Post
    Just got my 900s in for the Mondo. Gonna try to get some testing done this week sometime and post some pics .. I got 2 350 bags laying around that im gonna throw in the front till I can front for the IBS. so 900 port side, 500 hard tank, and 700 nose weight should look nice I hope!!
    Looking forward to the pictures. I surfed for the first time over the weekend and I think the goofy side needs more help. Do you mind taking a couple of pictures of one of the 900's while full? Just wondering how much space those bad boys are going to take up.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

I personally haven't spent time in the Mondo but I have found with Moomba boats, Goofy is extremely finicky.

I have found loading it as heavy on the goofy side as possible works best.
    Case in point.
    08 LSV
    1100 Goofy
    400 behind driver under seat
    400 Ski locker
    650 IBS

On the Mojo its worse but i think this has to do with my Stereo and Batteries.
    1500 Goofy
    500 Hard tank
    650 IBS
    450 In bow on goofy side.

In both boats, no one can really sit on Reg side or the wave wants to wash out. I think this has a lot to do with Prop spin and it causing the boat to naturally want to roll to Regular causing the wave to flatten out.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I personally haven't spent time in the Mondo but I have found with Moomba boats, Goofy is extremely finicky.

I have found loading it as heavy on the goofy side as possible works best.
    Case in point.
    08 LSV
    1100 Goofy
    400 behind driver under seat
    400 Ski locker
    650 IBS

On the Mojo its worse but i think this has to do with my Stereo and Batteries.
    1500 Goofy
    500 Hard tank
    650 IBS
    450 In bow on goofy side.

In both boats, no one can really sit on Reg side or the wave wants to wash out. I think this has a lot to do with Prop spin and it causing the boat to naturally want to roll to Regular causing the wave to flatten out.
    Thanks so much because that really helps! We had some people sitting on the regular side for sure. The Mondo doesn't have as much room to sit on starboard side. Should I have people move to the bow if I have too many people to pile on the starboard side when surfing goofy?
    Mark
    2014 Mondo

That will help Lengthen the wave for sure, in the Bow.

Even with all the room I have to have some sit on reg but what I generally do is the bigger they are the more on Goofy they sit.

Sit the bigins behind the driver, then girls can sit where ever. You can get a good image of this by telling everyone sit there they want for the most part. Bring up that surf wave, then make people move around and they will all understand why its important where to sit.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

I took the boat out yesterday and I still have a lot of testing to do today. but from my findings so far it seems that the mondo doesn't need as much nose weight as a mojo does I I have no reasoning behind this but it was seems like the more nose way I use it flattens out the wake way too much yes I gain more lengthbut I lose way too much heigtht
    Last edited by Jwredmon101; 05-03-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

I took the boat out yesterday and I still have a lot of testing to do today. but from my findings so far it seems that the mondo doesn't need as much nose weight as a mojo does I I have no reasoning behind this but it was seems like the more nose way I use it flattens out the wake way too much yes I gain more lengthbut I lose way too much heigtht
    Very possible its the fact the main difference is the boats is Length and that Length is Center Hull area. So with my Mojo it takes more to tilt the hull forward when surfing, where as the Mondo would tilt forward sooner.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by marman View Post
    Looking forward to the pictures. I surfed for the first time over the weekend and I think the goofy side needs more help. Do you mind taking a couple of pictures of one of the 900's while full? Just wondering how much space those bad boys are going to take up.
    Forgot to take pics of the 900s, But I can assure you that anything bigger than a 900 is a waste in the Mondo.. It fills up all the way to the bracing on the locker doors. This is what I have found on the weighting so far.
    900 FULL on port side
    500 FULL hard tank center
    350 Nose weight center
    350 FULL port side under(or on top of) seats
    Had a 290 pound guy sit in the back corner seat on port side
    and me driving(230 pounds)
    10.3-10.5MPH was best results
    couldnt get any pics that didnt look like crap cause we did it so late in the day.Will post them when I get a decent pic.
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

Forgot to take pics of the 900s, But I can assure you that anything bigger than a 900 is a waste in the Mondo.. It fills up all the way to the bracing on the locker doors. This is what I have found on the weighting so far.
    900 FULL on port side
    350 Nose weight center
    couldnt get any pics that didnt look like crap cause we did it so late in the day.Will post them when I get a decent pic.
    Thanks for this information! I went ahead and ordered the 900's and 650 ibs kit. I hope the ibs is as easy as they say it is to install. The guys at wakemakers are really cool and helpful and this forum is just awesome!
    Mark
    2014 Mondo

Default Re: Post your Mondo wake photos (surf or wakeboard)

900 FULL on port side
    350 Nose weight center
    Is this setup with or without a flow system?? I am hopefully taking delivery of my boat next week and want to get the plumbing finished before breakin is done

Sent from my apple crushin android device
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!