This may be rehashing an old thread - sorry I did not do any checking.

But I just wanted to remind everyone how valuable coaching is. I wish someone had seriously brought that to my attention 30 years ago. It is not always cheap, which is probably why I shy'd away from it as long as I did.

But I must tell you getting coaching was one of the best personal decisions I have ever made.

It started with a trip to Ski Paradise in Acapulco - which is a must go trip for a real slalom skier and plenty of fun for less accomplished skiers. Aside from the overall great time and lessons learned there - I came away with a coach that I could reach out to that was a little more local.

Through that coach (Doug at The Liquid Edge) I have had the chance to ski with Andy Mapple, Wade Cox, Will Christen, Parks Bonifay, plus a lot of great local talent. I have also engaged some local friends to share the experience which makes it that much more rewarding.

My skiing has gone from 40 years as a weekend hack to taking a serious shot at 32 off ( on a real good day).

If you were ever on the fence about coaching - get off the fence - you will never regret it. If you have a bad experience - try a different coach. We travel about 450 miles by car a couple times a year and keep going back.

Get coached - don't wait