Default The value of coaching

This may be rehashing an old thread - sorry I did not do any checking.

But I just wanted to remind everyone how valuable coaching is. I wish someone had seriously brought that to my attention 30 years ago. It is not always cheap, which is probably why I shy'd away from it as long as I did.

But I must tell you getting coaching was one of the best personal decisions I have ever made.

It started with a trip to Ski Paradise in Acapulco - which is a must go trip for a real slalom skier and plenty of fun for less accomplished skiers. Aside from the overall great time and lessons learned there - I came away with a coach that I could reach out to that was a little more local.

Through that coach (Doug at The Liquid Edge) I have had the chance to ski with Andy Mapple, Wade Cox, Will Christen, Parks Bonifay, plus a lot of great local talent. I have also engaged some local friends to share the experience which makes it that much more rewarding.

My skiing has gone from 40 years as a weekend hack to taking a serious shot at 32 off ( on a real good day).

If you were ever on the fence about coaching - get off the fence - you will never regret it. If you have a bad experience - try a different coach. We travel about 450 miles by car a couple times a year and keep going back.

Get coached - don't wait
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Totally worth it. I agree, can make a world of difference in your skiing in just a few lessons , and really helps bring out some of the long lost passion.
    07 Outback DD

If you want to improve you need coaching plain and simple. I have spent time with Canadian Trent Findlayson and have improved drastically. Seth Stisher is coming in may and I hope I'm around to attend his clinic too.
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

The following people had coaches throughout their careers: Joe Montana, Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Pete Sampras, Mary Lou Retton, Reggie Jackson, Peggy Fleming, Jim Brown, Brett Hull, Kristi Yamaguchi, Cy Young, Michael Jordan, and yes, Tony Romo. Well, there was a point there for a while anyway.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

wish I had the ability to get away to ski paradise but with 3 young kids it's hard to leave the wife and kids behind while I fly out of the country for a week to ski... so I'll do the next best thing and drive the family to Santa Rosa beach for spring break in a few weeks and ski at Cory Pickos place for the week. Hopefully I can make this a yearly tradition as a start to the ski season. I better go hit the gym.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Hey, that's in my neighborhood. Looks like a fantastic facility.

http://www.wakescout.com/directory/n...keboard-school
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yes its kinda hard to justify a dedicated holiday to go to a ski school. Fortunetely we as a family have gone to DisneyWorld twice in the last 4 years so i was able to sneek out in the mornings,early before most were awake do some skiing and then get back to Disney/family activities.

Not sure if they ever really caught on ,why i didn't fight those vacations too much??? Haha. Actually my family has been more than supportive, but knowing it never really cut into there time all was good.

Definetely recommend if ever in the Orlando area in particular, there are tons of ski schools to go to,or lots of places willing to take you out skiing. I went to Fluid Ski and would have no hesitation to recommend them. I got to hang out with an Upcoming Womens World Jump champ without even knowing it at the time as well. Jacinta Carrol. Marrion Matheau and one of the coaches Scott Elis. First time i was being coached by the (then) current World Slalom record holder,Chris Parrish.. Very relaxed, very informative and i had a ton of fun...
    Last edited by Mikey; 03-04-2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: adding
    07 Outback DD

Pickos was awesome- really laid back and flexible and I was able to pop in and ski a few quick sets a few mornings this week then get back to the family before they made it to the beach. The slalom lake is well protected from the wind. Daniel Odvarko was coaching and I got from him just what I was hoping- a few kernels that made a huge difference but would have taken me a long time to figure out on my own. I might have to make this a yearly tradition to start the season.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float