Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Welcome, whoever the heck this Sled guy is! Sounds like some kind of old Canadian ski team snowmobile riding PITA cheesehead to me.

Holy crap. I can't believe your little baby is 10 already. How does this happen so fast? Way to school those brothers!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Personally I am very disappointed in SC's choice to discontinue the true slalom boat. I was hoping that I would need one more Outback in my life, maybe in a few years, to be my last boat. Now it looks like the 06 I have now will have to be it. My ski friends and I ski either behind my Outback, or their 1990 Supra. Reading through the comments here, what I have noticed is that Slalom skiers tend to stay with it longer. The skiers on the lake still ski, but the wake boarders go all day, and I mean ALL DAMN DAY, for the first year on the new dock destroying monstrosity that they just got. The second year, we can usually get a couple of runs in, even on a Saturday, in between the little kids on tubes. Will skiing ever completely die? I doubt it. Will wake boarding ever go away? As a skier, I can only hope, but I doubt that also.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmmm. I wonder if you were able to get maybe a dozen to say twenty orders together if SC would let you do a group buy and get out the mold for the Outback again. They could run a few extra to ship out to dealers that want them. Then again, you never know when skiing makes a huge comeback and the demand for DD boats returns. Imagine the tricked out 2020 Outback 2.0.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I would be curious to know how many outbacks SC sold with the goofy tower that interfered with shortline. I would bet not many. Once they did that I knew the outback was sunk. I always thought there were enough crossover options out there that only a die hard skier would buy a direct drive and they wouldn't want that tower. If there were to be a group buy I would say do it for the Supra TS6m. I heard they still have the mold. And anybody see the "new" gekko gts 20? Hmmm seems an aweful lot like a boomerang and base is 30k.

Good point Schmitter that skiers tend to ski for life.

Sled good to see you back. If you're ever driving down I-69 between Indy and Ft Wayne and want a pull around exit 45 look me up.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I think Schmitters real point is that the average recreational wakeboarder spends most of their time setting up for heel-side-wake-to-wake, and celebrating after - if they make it. Because of all this time just being pulled around - they can go forever - the whole time screwing the water for the rest of the lake.

I think it might be that SC did not want to invest in the development to compete with the Nautique 200 and the new MC Prostar. As a serious slalom skier - I could see myself in a used 2014 MC prostar someday - if the body holds up long enough to make it worth the money.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I'm willing to bet, correct me if i'm wrong, But likely the DD Outback Mold will be around and if anyone really wants one bad enough SC will build one. At what cost??? not sure. MB for instance does not advertise a DD boat , BUT they still will build one for you Special Order... HMMM Maybe there is still hope...
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by sled - 1 View Post
    OK I've been gone a while, but what the heck is this slalom dying crap! I turn my back for a minute to clean up some personal messes and this is what I come back to.

I will post some pics all right. Pics of my 10 yr old in her first tournament last summer schooling her older brother and his friend. And oh yeah the boys were in the tournament as well.

Sure you can't buy a DD from these guys anymore, but we were, or are all fans and members of the Moomba family.

I had to jump ship because my ex stole my Outback but I have a great many friends over here. Not to mention that while I enjoy BOS, those guys can be full of themselves some times.
    Sled-1 I have skied a couple of tourneys up by you at Stillwater. Beautiful area up there.

I am puzzled a bit by the folks who have lamented the high costs of the Mastercraft, Malibu, and Nautiques. Centurion is a really nice pull at a more modest price but the Carbon Pro has only been back in the game for the last couple of years. I'm aware of Gekko but can't say much for them except I don't really like how they look. Outback DD had been there for years and was AWSA approved. I can see why SC stopped making them if sales were down. Maybe they needed a pro rider to endorse or a better tournament presence?????

I think that is/was the biggest downfall of the Outback. SC didn't sponser any tournaments or have any Pro's flogging the ride.
    Before I moved we actually enjoyed our Outback and it provided us a ton of fun. Was it a SN 196, SN 200, MC ProStar............no. But it was a great entry level ski boat. For anyone who regularly goes to boat shows year after year one could see the writing on the wall.........3 event boats were getting shown less and less each year!
    Even the Carbon Pro is now a 50K+ boat.
    Moomba let themselves down on the 3 event boat and chose not to compete in my mind! Too bad!!!!!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!