Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This section will only die if we all let it... Obviously for some of us skiing is not happening at the moment, but rest assured as soon as the ice comes off the lakes ,out comes the drysuits and wetsuits and we will be back at it.....

Long live Slalom......
    07 Outback DD

I am still here and looking forward to some big things once the ice thaws!

Funny over on ball of spray a recurrent topic is the desire for an "entry level" slalom boat- which we used to have with the outback. There are apparently enough slalom nuts out there to make mastercraft want to invest R&D $ in the new prostar (beautiful!). I like this part of the forum and will continue to post here but I could see it dying now that the outback is dead.

Long live slalom!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I'll admit it....I'm a traitor, but still enjoy seeing pics and stories so keep it up! I promise to strap my HO on this year and dig deep and post some pics.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    There are apparently enough slalom nuts out there to make mastercraft want to invest R&D $ in the new prostar (beautiful!).
    I wonder why they feel the need to invest r&d? every boat manufacturer has a hull mold of an old dd waterski machine. start molding a few every year and drop an injected motor in it and you're set to go. I spent a lot of time in my buddys boomerang over the years and they really already have perfected the flat wake. put in a minimalist interior to keep pricing low and I bet you'd move a few every year.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Camp on pool 8 of Allegheny River (Adrian, PA)

Skiing is still alive on the Upper Allegheny. We have a camp on pool 8 of the river and there are at least 6 families that ski. We have a regulation ski course (tough to keep the course straight with the river current / debris). One family has a few barefoot skiiers who get at it in the mornings when we have glass.

The wife my two boys and I ski and love the Outback wake. Neighbor has a 2012 Malibu Response that has a little softer wake and a lot thicker payment book.

I'll commit to posting up some pictures since I understand that it didn't happen without pics.
    2003 Outback
    Boat name = Lynn Syndrome
    Its a condition that runs in the family...Judy Lynn (mother-in-law) Heather Lynn (wife) & Megan Lynn (daughter)...no known cure...but the boat helps
    New boat for me on 10/9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by fu-man View Post
    Just bought my first boat last fall. 03 outback DD. Love to ski/slalom.
    Congrats but around here we don't believe you until you post some pics of your baby.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Here's my weekend I hope? Glad to see some input from y'all! I was scared this place was dying off. I know it's not a Moomba but my previous tug was and I liked it for everything it did for my family and I at the time.

Last edited by iwaterskihard; 02-07-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

I've been recuperating from knee surgery since May and never skiied last year for the first time ever. I got a second scope done and it is all cleaned out and ready to go. I had to give up basketball but damn if I give up skiing at least for awhile. Even when I get back to it, I will never be the same skier I was so I really don't have much to add except the smile on my face. I do read all that comes through this section and the help you guys give out is spot on.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

slalom skiing is the one thing in the last 25 years I wish I never gave up, boy do I miss it, not that I was very good, but dang I really wish I could still do it. no chance at all now with age and knee's going bad
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Section Dying???

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Congrats but around here we don't believe you until you post some pics of your baby.
    Gorgeous Nauty! I will always admire DD boats, Corvette's on the water.
    -Jake