Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Actually I recently heard that slalom is making a comeback. All the wake-wanna-bees are finding that wakeboarding it is not as easy as the pros make it look and spending all day going wake-to-wake only from your strong side - just does not amp them like it used to.

That and their knees are taking a beating from landing in the flats.

I think slalom will survive. But it is a much more mature sport so much of what needs to be said has been. When the water softens up a bit you will probably see more action on the board.

I will start a new thread right now.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Moombadaze if you can still wakeboard you might want to try the new freeskis like the Radar Satori- low resistance getup like a wakeboard but still a lot of fun. You can ride it at much lower speeds (I've skied at 20 mph on ours)
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Just got back from our boatshow. Only 1 true ski boat. The new MC Prostar. Kinda a stripped down boat , BUT it has a lot of really well thought out features in it. This is the result of various PROS inputs as opposed to Engineers etc doing all the design work. This is a very nice boat and the Pro i was talking too (Stephen Neveau)Was very pumped about this boat and he was telling me about some of the subtle differences in ski characteristics of it VS the SN200. I've skied behind a SN so now i really want to try skiing behind one of these.

Don't know if i will ever get the chance and sadly since SC now makes NO SKI BOATS. some day i may need to look elsewhere. Do not get me wrong i still Love my Outback DD. but just saying.....

Something i noticed and was a little shocked by was the paint colors... Easily 90% of the inboard boats were all Metal flake paint jobs. Nice on some but not all...

Anyways getting away from the subject.,LONG LIVE SLALOM....
    07 Outback DD

I have always been a skier at heart. There is nothing that gets my heart racing than seeing a nice stretch of glass and dreaming of carving it up. I love wakeboarding, surfing, etc but give me a good ski any day and I am a happy camper
    I've now got my 17yr old hooked on it as well.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I am a long time slalom guy, and now enjoy wakeboarding also. We are a two-boat family, as I own a 2008 DD Outback and Ian has his Outback-V.

As much as my old body prefers wakeboarding, to me it doesn't bring me the rush that skiing allows. On the other hand, my 53 year old body prefers wakeboarding and can hold up to a whole more pulls than when I slalom!

As far as the boats go, as nice as Ian's Outback-V is, I much prefer the handling of my DD Outback. But then...I don't have a new baby on board! lol

Oh...and I recently purchased a new ski, (Radar Senate) in the proper size for me, (67") since I have been skiing on Ian's 65" Senate, so needless to say, I cant wait to get back on the water!

Bashton
    2008 Outback DD
    2008 Outback DD
    Radar Senate
    CWB Vibe

Now when you get a chance to get into ski shape and get yourself kinda dialed in. Using a proper ski for yourself. It would be interesting to see your take on the skiability between the two boats.
    07 Outback DD

It's funny to me the discussions coming up between ease of skiing vs wake boarding. For me, getting up on a wake board might be easier than slalom, but the head bonks were 10times worse than any slalom fall I've taken including an out the from front flip. Maybe it's that in order for wake boarding to give the rush that skiing does I would have to learn some complex tricks and even then I'm not sure it would. Or maybe it's just that I really suck at boarding. Either way, I decided that in order to preserve brain cells I needed quit boarding and focus on the slalom course.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Here it is....IMG_0162.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Congrats but around here we don't believe you until you post some pics of your baby.

I am certain I have hit the water at 50mph while slalom and in 42 years have only been injured 3 times - none of which were career/season ending.

About third time up on a wakeboard at 20 mph? Tweeked my knee getting out of the water and was down for months.

My son got a concussion from WB. So - not much reason for me to consider it - not fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    It's funny to me the discussions coming up between ease of skiing vs wake boarding. For me, getting up on a wake board might be easier than slalom, but the head bonks were 10times worse than any slalom fall I've taken including an out the from front flip. Maybe it's that in order for wake boarding to give the rush that skiing does I would have to learn some complex tricks and even then I'm not sure it would. Or maybe it's just that I really suck at boarding. Either way, I decided that in order to preserve brain cells I needed quit boarding and focus on the slalom course.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

OK I've been gone a while, but what the heck is this slalom dying crap! I turn my back for a minute to clean up some personal messes and this is what I come back to.

I will post some pics all right. Pics of my 10 yr old in her first tournament last summer schooling her older brother and his friend. And oh yeah the boys were in the tournament as well.

Sure you can't buy a DD from these guys anymore, but we were, or are all fans and members of the Moomba family.

I had to jump ship because my ex stole my Outback but I have a great many friends over here. Not to mention that while I enjoy BOS, those guys can be full of themselves some times.
    07 Outback, PP, Heaters, Custom 1/2 wrap, SeaDeK platform cover, Upgraded Stereo, Bimini, Apperance package

"Hi, How you Doin?"