Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn FL members

Default Attn FL members

So my son is getting married on Fort Myers Beach April 26th. Anybody have any recommendations on where to stay ON the beach near there for under $1000 for ~6 nights? 2 adults & 8 kids.

Currently looking at the following (in order):

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...h_Florida.html

awaiting price still: http://www.caribbeanbeachclub.net/index.asp

this is where they're getting married. My dad checked it out today and said it is pretty old and run down, but reviews say it isn't too bad, but more for younger guests. Don’t think it should be a problem for when we’re staying there.
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...h_Florida.html

Any help appreciated. Thanks, Ryan
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Well, the good news is you are pretty well at the end of spring break. Most of the stuff is a little cheaper in FL from the very end of April till school gets out. Unfortunately, I don't know crap about Ft. Myers.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

thanks....I think...
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

that's way on the South end of Ft Myer's Beach/Estero and it can be a real beach getting up & down that strip. The hotels/resorts are probably going to run you more than a vbro rental. Check out some of these. In my experience, you'll save a lot of $$ on the food going this way, too. Stop by the local Publix and feed the kids for a week for what you'll spend on a single meal at the hotel or restaurants.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...rt-myers-beach

Also try www.vacationrentals.com should be cheaper than a hotel

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    that's way on the South end of Ft Myer's Beach/Estero and it can be a real beach getting up & down that strip. The hotels/resorts are probably going to run you more than a vbro rental. Check out some of these. In my experience, you'll save a lot of $$ on the food going this way, too. Stop by the local Publix and feed the kids for a week for what you'll spend on a single meal at the hotel or restaurants.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...rt-myers-beach
    Thanks Drew. Most of those are pretty pricey, but one was big enough for us to share with another family, so we'll see if it works out.

THanks for the link Patrick. I"ll check it out tonight.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Also try www.vacationrentals.com should be cheaper than a hotel
    sent quite a few emails. Seems most rates drop the week AFTER we're there, so we'll see how many people will budge... Thank you!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

Ryan, if your traveling on a sunday and can spare a couple hours and are traveling down or up I75/275, swing by and I"ll take you out surfing. Land o lakes is about 30 minutes north of Tampa
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Ryan, if your traveling on a sunday and can spare a couple hours and are traveling down or up I75/275, swing by and I"ll take you out surfing. Land o lakes is about 30 minutes north of Tampa
    Sounds awewsome to me. Dates are still flaoting a little, but currently planning on driving down SUnday night after church on the 20th, stopping at my parents place in FrostProof to see them for the day (and sleep for a while), and driving down to FMB that afternoon/evening. Tentatively planning on checking out SUnday 4/27 to drive home, and you're right on the way I'll keep ya informed. THanks for the offer!!!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

I'll be driving through on my way from Tampa to Key West or I can check out a few places. I wanted to stay overnight there but it was rather spendy so I'm cruising to Miami and then Key West. We got our first snow in two years and I need to get outta here.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD