Thread: 12 in sub

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Default 12 in sub

Just picked a new Rockford Fosgate M212S4 marine sub for $60 bucks,will this should be an improvement over my factory 10 in kicker

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

if ya can, post some pictures of how your installing it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

I plan on mounting it where the 10 sub was mounted from factory, under the driver console
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Based on surface area alone, a 12 can be an upgrade in terms of output, but theres more to it and it may not be a simple plug and play swap.

Im pretty sure the R/F M12 is a single 4 ohm coil. What Kicker 10" is in your 2013? This may effect the output of the amp, making the upgrade null. I think its the marine KM10. If so, its a FAR better sounding sub musically, then the R/F M12. The KM10 is also a single 4 ohm, so the amps output will not change.

Is the 10" in a proper enclosure? last I check, the OEM enclosure was on the small side and hardly sealed. Again, this can hinder the output of the new sub, unless a new enclosure is built. If the OEM enclosure is poorly executed, then your upgrade will actually be from the new enclosure, not the woofer swap. Neither the KM10 or the M12 is a true infinite-baffle sub, so a proper enclosure is a must.

Whats the excursion of the two woofers? A 10 with a lot of excursion can rival a 12 with limited excursion.