Thread: MN Boat Show

Hybrid View

Default MN Boat Show

Since I just finalized the purchase of our 2014 Moomba Mondo a few weeks ago, I figured I would go to the MN boat show to look around for accessory items I may need and to enjoy the beer tasting event that was also being held in conjunction.

My phone was dead so unfortunately I was not able to take pictures. I thought this was interesting though. Mastercraft unveiled the NXT. It's a 20 ft boat starting in the 50s and the dealer said it is meant to compete with the Moomba Mondo. Unfortunately he didn't have a lot of additional details because it won't be released until this summer I believe.

http://www.mastercraft.com/news/detail/517

Still happy I went with the Mondo and I after attending the boat show, I can't wait until the spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

I guess the helm is an optional extra

Default MN Boat Show

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    Mastercraft unveiled the NXT. It's a 20 ft boat starting in the 50s and the dealer said it is meant to compete with the Moomba Mondo. Unfortunately he didn't have a lot of additional details because it won't be released until this summer I believe.
    Too bad the dealer didn't share the details that with basic options that boat will be $65k+ and that "starting in the $50s" doesn't include a trailer. I think the only area it will actually compete in is the length.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Too bad the dealer didn't share the details that with basic options that boat will be $65k+ and that "starting in the $50s" doesn't include a trailer. I think the only area it will actually compete in is the length.
    if that boat is somewhat optioned out at 65k and a trailer, the fact that it says mc on the side will push a lot of buyers to at least look at it. it will now be up to the salesman at a skiers/tige/axis and any other 20-21ft boat dealers to show the benefits of their boat over the mc. I see a lot of 'glas on the inside on the ww pics indicating the boat will probably feel stripped inside. that will be the way to sell the fact that I think the mondo will feel more "finished" inside. either way it's bound to split the 20ft boat market up into a little smaller pie for everyone, ironically including the x2.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default MN Boat Show

Last day of boat show today. Here's some pics of our Supra/Moomba booth. [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/03/5uba7epa.jpg

Default MN Boat Show

Here are a couple more. Thanks to everyone that made it out!