Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XM9 or SXT9

Made the three hour drive tonight with the wife and kids from Portland to Seattle and got checked into a hotel thats on the parade route----GO SEAHAWKS!!!! Parade is tomorrow

@ Woody If I remember right, I joined you on the dock and hopped a ride through the cut? You had your wife and child with you... The way I see things is, if you go with 4 SXT9 you end up with a LOT of sound on the tower that is dynamic and pleasurable and family (read wife) approved. If you go with 4 XM9, you end up with a tower sound that offers more projection out to the rider. However its got more of a live sound. Guys like Langston are going to prefer this setup because its a bit more sharper. If you think thats the ticket - don't forget that you can flip the internal switch on the XM9's and dampen down the horn a bit. It's pretty easy to do. Balancing either of these two setups is important with a good cabin / sub upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Just go with 4 xm9s and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone
    x2 here you'll be happy!!!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default XM9 or SXT9

No kids with us, but all the rest is correct. I'll give you a call next month and we'll get it set up. At least by then we should start to be a little warmer, and I'd be able to get started on the install. No sense in having the stuff here in boxes now... taunting me.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Also with the switch to adjust how the horn sounds is a plus because in the Mojo the tower is almost over the driver so the people in the back get blasted.
    Mike, what exactly does the switch on the XM9's do? Thanks.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    Mike, what exactly does the switch on the XM9's do? Thanks.
    I think the fancy term is attenuate the Horn Driver.

In reality what it sounds like is the horn doesn't start projecting for a few feet.

With the Switch on +3 <if i recall> and on a tower that is over the center of the cabin or the windshield like mine is, then the Horn is full power by the back seat, and the people in the back seat are getting blasted with the horn.

On -3 <if i recall> the horn is much tamer and seems to get really loud once its past the rear seats. This allows it to not over power your cabin as much and yet still project to your riders.

I know this isn't as technical as MLA or AudoDave but this is my best real world explanation LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Re: XM9 or SXT9

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I think the fancy term is attenuate the Horn Driver.

In reality what it sounds like is the horn doesn't start projecting for a few feet.

With the Switch on +3 <if i recall> and on a tower that is over the center of the cabin or the windshield like mine is, then the Horn is full power by the back seat, and the people in the back seat are getting blasted with the horn.

On -3 <if i recall> the horn is much tamer and seems to get really loud once its past the rear seats. This allows it to not over power your cabin as much and yet still project to your riders.

I know this isn't as technical as MLA or AudoDave but this is my best real world explanation LOL.
    Thanks for the explanation. I originally thought the switch shut the horn off.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon