Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2006 Moomba Mobius LSV WON'T FIT

I just bought a 06 mombius lsv and found out we are a few inches from being able to go in the garage. I let the tower down, and tried taking the trailer off the hitch and rolling it in by hand. Still too tall. I think we are still too tall to even let air out and have it roll in. Any suggestions?

Get a taller garage door.

What is the height of the current door? That boat should fit a standard garage door without much issue.

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Well that sucks, must b a 7 foot garage door. First thing is to make sure the door opens up above the frame of the garage opening. (It rolls back farther , can be adjusted on the opener) . Other than that , maybe take a trip piece off
    the header at the top of the garage door opening. Here is another idea maybe smaller diameter wheels and tires. Make sure they will take the load.
    Jim
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Did you crank the wheel all the way down after removing from the hitch? Doing this will drop the height of the tower. What trailer do you have?

What type of axle do you have? Spring or Torsion.

IF you lowered the tongue even further by using a floor jack would it fit?

Congrats on your new boat. A picture will help us help you.

This is a problem I wish I had. My garage is only 20 feet deep. Boat stored 14 miles away. Before I moved was kept at the house and loved it being so close. Congrats on the boat, you'll love it.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

I have a different boat but a somewhat similar problem and here's what I do: on my garage door there's a bolt behind the track arm where you can disconnect the door from the track to manually roll the door. I unlatch the door and pull it back up the track and insert the bolt back to hold it. Then I actually have a 10 inch drop hitch I bought from HArbor Freight and to get the tongue on the hitch I have to use a jack to get it low enough. That combination allows the pivot point of my tower to sneak under my door.

Might help you.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I used to have to flip my mirror upside down to get it to clear. I would also unhitch and lower all the way. The bottom of the flipped mirror was the highest point and it would rub the rubber seal on the bottom of the door. This was also after adjusting the garage door to open further up the track and clear the door frame.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Re: 2006 Moomba Mobius LSV WON'T FIT

83 inches is the bare minimum without removing air from the tires. I use a drop hitch and you have to lower the mirror.

The stock pivot jack wheel will not go low enough if it's one of the crappy reliable trailers setup. The tongue needs to be a few inches off the ground, 4-5..

You can replace the jack with the heavy duty fullton jack, goes much lower..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by parrothd; 06-03-2014 at 10:03 AM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead