Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I was down there and met Andy, Rick and their crews two years ago. We had a lot of fun but we could not find anywhere decient to ride. We drove 800 miles one way and got there on Friday morning and stayed till Monday. LOTO is a really good time and our favorite night was Sunday when all the traffic left. I don't want to be a debbie downer but LOTO water/ride quality sucked. The riders were all struggling because of conditions so badly that they split the winnings. All and all it was a blast but we would easily drive further for better conditions.

This thread has lots of info.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....light=Brostock
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Well fun is what we are looking for so hopefully the water wont be too awful for a few rides. I watched some vids of the 2012 conditions and they did look awful. Last year didnt appear as bad but mother nature is unpredictable. Unfortunately we have to head out sunday morning so we probably wont get many good conditions for riding. My lake here in indiana is extremely shallow, we can make a 1/8mile run in 20ft+ foot water but then have to turn around because it gets 8-15ft deep. So deep water will be great for the XLV loaded down with our new ballast. All 6 of us are between 21 and 23 years old so we just want to see some sick boarding and meet alot of new people and have some fun.
    Boat: 09 Moomba Gravity Games

Tow vehicles: 2002 Tahoe, 2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i, 2009 Yukon Denali, 1998 Savana 3500

Other toys: 2008 Seadoo GTX 215, 2009 Seadoo RXP-X 255

I been to bro stock at the lake of the Ozarks the last two years. 1st year we were in a 24' supra last year we were in a 21 Malibu. the 24' supra we covered a good portion of the lake on Thursday and Friday but Saturday and sunday was busy and we had to watch what we were doing.
    Last year we went north of captain ron's and was able to wakeboard and surf on Friday and Saturday. going north a 21' boat was fine. Most of the big boats head south out of captain ron's.

I would say it is a great party place. The bars and night life is good. And captain ron's was a blast Friday night and Saturday night.

I would love to see it go back to Bull shoals (It was good time partying and got to wakeboard and surf all we wanted to.)
    At the Lake of the Ozarks you are going to have to look/hunt for good water to wakeboard/surf in.
    2007 supra 21v

Quote Originally Posted by 02tahoeindiana View Post
    Damn my round trip is just over 1200 miles, im putting about 600 aside for truck gas at this point. But im hoping it will be worth it.

Hope its warm for you man!

Alright thanks, I have decided to cancel tantara as soon as i can get reservations closer. Planning on red oaks if I can get a spot. The 7 miles seemed like a solid chance to surf some on the way there and back but conditions probably wont allow for that. How did brostock treat you in 2012?
    Didn't make it in 2012. I actually bought my axis the weekend before and couldn't convince my wife to go. I would go back again, it was a weekend of drunkenness and fun without kids. Watch out for anchor ropes, or the lack of people using anchors in flotillas. Definatly take a lot of photos as there is plenty of scenery there. I would love for it to go back to bull shoals, as I have never been there. However for foreigners loto is more welcoming with rental houses. Check vrbo for rentals they are very affordable. Rick and I stayed at a house with two wings and two docks for next to nothing.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    2015 Moomba Mojo(sold)
    2011 Axis A22
    2006 Honda arx1200
    2006 Moomba Lsv
    2008 Moomba XLV gravity edition

Quote Originally Posted by wolff supra21v View Post
    I been to bro stock at the lake of the Ozarks the last two years. 1st year we were in a 24' supra last year we were in a 21 Malibu. the 24' supra we covered a good portion of the lake on Thursday and Friday but Saturday and sunday was busy and we had to watch what we were doing.
    Last year we went north of captain ron's and was able to wakeboard and surf on Friday and Saturday. going north a 21' boat was fine. Most of the big boats head south out of captain ron's.

I would say it is a great party place. The bars and night life is good. And captain ron's was a blast Friday night and Saturday night.

I would love to see it go back to Bull shoals (It was good time partying and got to wakeboard and surf all we wanted to.)
    At the Lake of the Ozarks you are going to have to look/hunt for good water to wakeboard/surf in.
    Well I definitely dont believe my XLV handles rough water well compared to some malibus ive been in but we will see what we can do to get some surf sessions in. But im glad to hear the night life and parties are good, thats what vacation is all about, we can surf all we want back in indiana. We just booked our a-frame cabin at Red Oaks so im sure we will see you there! Now time to start saving some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by evoimport6 View Post
    Didn't make it in 2012. I actually bought my axis the weekend before and couldn't convince my wife to go. I would go back again, it was a weekend of drunkenness and fun without kids. Watch out for anchor ropes, or the lack of people using anchors in flotillas. Definatly take a lot of photos as there is plenty of scenery there. I would love for it to go back to bull shoals, as I have never been there. However for foreigners loto is more welcoming with rental houses. Check vrbo for rentals they are very affordable. Rick and I stayed at a house with two wings and two docks for next to nothing.
    Im actually looking at a Axis T22 at the moment but im not fond of having to redo the entire stereo, its stock system isnt quite enough for me. Drunkness and fun is exactly how im expecting it. You should convince the wife to come back this year. Im sure I will get my prop wrapped up somehow, it never fails, do you suggest bringing an extra prop? Many underwater hazards?

Tow vehicles: 2002 Tahoe, 2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i, 2009 Yukon Denali, 1998 Savana 3500

Im actually looking at a Axis T22 at the moment but im not fond of having to redo the entire stereo, its stock system isnt quite enough for me. Drunkness and fun is exactly how im expecting it. You should convince the wife to come back this year. Im sure I will get my prop wrapped up somehow, it never fails, do you suggest bringing an extra prop? Many underwater hazards?[/QUOTE]

I am actually going to be in the outer banks that weekend or I would be MAKING her go. I had no trouble with underwater hazards, but it is always smart to have an extra. I would advise bringing a sharp knife to cut away anchor rope that might wrap around your prop shaft, and a scuba tank. Yeah I was that guy.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    2015 Moomba Mojo(sold)
    2011 Axis A22
    2006 Honda arx1200
    2006 Moomba Lsv
    2008 Moomba XLV gravity edition

I am actually going to be in the outer banks that weekend or I would be MAKING her go. I had no trouble with underwater hazards, but it is always smart to have an extra. I would advise bringing a sharp knife to cut away anchor rope that might wrap around your prop shaft, and a scuba tank. Yeah I was that guy.[/QUOTE]

Well have fun out there! Maybe take the axis and test out the rough water ability hah. And we will definitely pack some big knives and hell maybe a scuba tank haha, better safe than sorry.

Hope to see you there wolff and anyone else that ends up at Brostock! We will be at red oaks in a A-frame so im sure we will see you. Just sold the moomba though and picked up a red malibu vlx so thats what we will be in.

Ok.... 2014 will be 3rd year. I agree 1st year not the best conditions. Second year Alot better. LQ figured it out. Course set up different and better for riders. This year start times have changed to accomdiate riders and viewers.We have had a Blast with everyone at LOTO! This year we have 2 boats and 12 people,almost Full House. Its a Great time! Hope to catch up with anyone going and make some more Good memories! Mark and Andys group were The Best!..... Private message me if you would like to catch up with us or need a place to stay. Have room for more.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

How is the event for watching from a boat? Do u have to get in a huge tie up or can u just post up on ur own and still see anything? I don't know that I really wanna tie up in that mess as we will be coming and going.