Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

hahaha trust me i tripled checked before I posted that screenshot

Yes the box is there on the far left side of the quote. The tandem option is NOT checked.

There is another dealer in my area who is about the same distance away to the west. I haven't talked to them yet but I would always have another option there. The $750 figure came from the $200 coupon plus the dealer dropping the price of the tandem to their cost. As it stands now they are already giving me free servicing and storage for a year ... or $1000 off. That was negotiated back when we first talked.

Good point about the pro shop accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post

Yes the box is there on the far left side of the quote. The tandem option is NOT checked.
    I'd say their argument is as strong as yours, then.

Get some free gear out of the deal and feel good that you really didn't get ripped and start a great relationship with the dealer.

I'm with Drew, get all you can from the dealer you are working with now because even if you find another dealer they probably won't make that same mistake and you will end up paying full price for the trailer.

That kind of crap irks me too, but turn the other cheek and use it to your advantage!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

it would drive me crazy to know that they made the mistake and I'm paying part of it but as mentioned, I know if I went elsewhere the price would be what it is and I would not have the $200. If the dealer offered cost on trailer, the $200 and possibly some gear, I'd feel like I received something for their mistake. I think at this point I'd push for a second year of free storage rather than some gear as there isn't a "real" cost to that from the dealers perspective(other than lost revenue from another boat) and if they get you for 2 years, their thought might be that you'll continue to use it from that point on.

good luck and congrats on almost signing
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I too am shopping for a 2014 Mojo- really like the boat- we plan on doing some surfing, skiing and wake boarding on it- along with just cruising around the lake. Have heard a lot of recommendations for the 345 engine, but we have had trouble finding one we like color wise with other than a 330. Never have surfed behind a boat and wonder if the 330 really won't fit our needs. Was going to order a 2015, but really don't want a bigger boat with a standard 400. Any thoughts?
    Also curious about the gas burn at 25-30 mph no ballast.
    Thanks

Default looking to pick up a '14 Mojo - few Q's

I was in your exact situation this time last year. I found many color options and good deals on the 330hp mojo but I ultimately listened to the guys on this board and found a color we were ok with that had the 345hp engine and haven't looked back.
    To me the engine was about the only requirement I had and a color my wife didn't hate. And actually we got a better deal on the mojo we bought than any of the 330hp boats we were looking at.
    Aside from the horsepower difference the oversized oil pan and Pcv valve relocation designed specifically for surfing was another major factor in my perseverance of the 345hp engine.
    As for color find one you can tolerate with the engine you want and go for it. As long as you don't hate the color they are all good looking boats.
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Thanks for the info- still looking

Default looking to pick up a '14 Mojo - few Q's

I might know where you could find a nice 2012 w/ the 345.

Talked to a Skiers Choice rep and the 2015 Mojo is coming out this Friday- 23'- 100"beam- new hull and deck- std 2000# ballast- 400hp 6.2L ford std. Think I will wait and see- probably a big jump price wise - rep says he drove one all summer and saw no difference in fuel burn over 345- not sure about that if it's anything like the truck engine.

Quote Originally Posted by blue4 View Post
    Was going to order a 2015, but really don't want a bigger boat with a standard 400. Any thoughts?
    Uh, hmmmm.

Guess I'm one of the many on the other side of the fence going "BRING IT ON"
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...