Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wakesurf Rope

Default Wakesurf Rope

All, I'm looking for recommendations on a wakesurf rope. I've read a few threads but it doesn't look like many of them are very current.

My #1 priority is safety. This has me leaning toward a thick, wakesurf specific, handle free rope. The handles, even the smaller 9" ones or the T handles seem like they'd be more likely to get caught.

I'd also like length recommendations. I'm assuming the 25' ropes would be a better option than the 20' ropes simply to accommodate a wider range of wakes. I have a 13 Mojo without the Flow but I'm hoping to add it next season.

We are total wakesurf noobs. We wakeboard, ski and kneeboard so getting up shouldn't be a problem. We just picked up a big box Hyperlite Broadcast to learn on... if all goes well I think we'll look at higher end rider specific boards (we have about a 100lb weight range) and the Flow system as I'd mentioned. I'm not even sure a stock ballast equipped Mojo is even surfable but we're going to give it a try.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Keith
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Hey Keith - we like the braided/knotted ropes the best for the safety reasons you mentioned. I don't think the length will matter all that much as you'll be surfing rope-free in no time. The lack of a handle is a bit harder for beginners though, which is the trade-off.

Default Wakesurf Rope

We've used quite a few and think this one is about the best out there. Small, safe handle makes for easy ups and a large, braided section to help pull into the sweet spot.

http://agendasurf.com/dir/products/w...dle-combo.html

Default Wakesurf Rope

I'm with Wolfe. While I understand your safety concerns, I have never had an issue come up as a result of having the small handle. Not saying it couldn't happen, of course. We always make sure to throw the rope back when we don't need the rope anymore and make sure someone completely pulls it back in to the boat, so it's not in the way. Also, I never let go of the handle and keep the slack out of the water as i pull myself closer to the boat, so that it doesn't get in the way.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Default Wakesurf Rope

A crazy situation can always happen. I had a handleless rope that wrapped and locked around my wrist on a fall. Got drug a few feet. Wasn't fun and didn't feel good.

The agenda rope that Wolfe posted looks really nice.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Drew, that's about the nicest handle surf rope I've seen. I will certainly consider it.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I much prefer knots or thick braids with no handle. I really don't like the mini surf handles. I've never used one and not felt like a goob. When I teach someone, I use a wakeboard rope/handle so that they have the big solid handle to hold onto.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

never tried the handleless all rope myself-so no comment. I have both the mini handle and the tee handle, prefer the mini handle myself
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Re: Wakesurf Rope

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    We've used quite a few and think this one is about the best out there. Small, safe handle makes for easy ups and a large, braided section to help pull into the sweet spot.

http://agendasurf.com/dir/products/w...dle-combo.html
    We have this one, or one like it, the extra length is great, we've had several others but this one is the best..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default Wakesurf Rope

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post
    I use a wakeboard rope/handle so that they have the big solid handle to hold onto.
    This is about as dangerous as surfing behind an I/O.