Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Remodeling the bus/camper

Started a new project this month. I am going the remodel and repaint the bus/camper (aka Clifford) this winter/spring. Ten years ago I bought a school bus and set it up as a camper/toy hauler, being young, single and have less money than I do now the bus does not meet my family current needs. We take 4-wheelers on trips with us a lot of times so the bus is set up as a toy hauler the back opens up so we can load (4) 4-wheelers in the back.
    I keep saying I want to buy a diesel RV but this bus has a diesel motor and I have re-geared it where it runs 70 mph down the road. It get 12 mpg empty or pulling something and the best part it is paid for.

The bus currently has complete working bathroom, and it has a built in 8kw generator.
    I am looking at it as two different area’s of the interior and exterior.

On the exterior I am going to remove the front 4 bus windows and sheet them in like the rest and install a 18”x42” camper window on each side. Put a new cover on the water heater. Than I am going to paint the bus. I am thinking Dark Gray In place of the red and light gray on the roof. Than orange strips. I bought my wife a 24” vinyl cutter. And we are going to put a similar supra logo to match the boat on the back corner of bus. I have also bought a 16’ awning for the passenger side of the bus.

On the interior I am currently working on the lay out but I am planning on doing the following: repaint the hole inside to put a new subfloor and new vinyl flooring. Add new cabinets including a sink. install a new midsize refrigerator new microwave. I bought a captain seat and couch/ bed out of a 2010 wreck conversion van. I am also going to replace my 32" flat screen tv in the house so it new home will be in the bus. I also want to rework the drivers area add a tv/rear mounted camera to see how the boat is doing behind the bus.

Also the bus currently does not have a stereo. I am kicking the following setting up and ipod/head phone jack (or something Bluetooth) with an amp and maybe a set of Wetsound Icon8 (with a plan to add a sub and some other speakers). I am think of mounting them on magnets to stick on the inside of the bus for going down the road and than when we stop I can stick them on the outside for some tunes around the camp ground.

I should have some pics of the interior gutted and the windows removed and sheet metal work happening next week (that is along as I can stand the cold or it warms up some)

bus and boat.jpg
    2007 supra 21v

Congrats on the project. A good plan will make it work well. Everything running off 120VAC?

I'm doing some mods to my 2003 Winnebago and one is to get everything running off the dash stereo so I only need one set of speakers and a sub woofer.I'm going to a blue tooth system so I can do my tablet through the stereo. I'm also planning to have my flat screen connected to an Imac-mini to which I can transmit via blue tooth to the stereo the TV and DVD (it won't be surround sound). I can also do computer stuff off the flat screen. I have a seperate camera but you could get a stereo with the camera connection and screen. Going 2din would work best for that.

If you can make the front seats useable in the living space then it will make the area much bigger. You can get bases that can be bolted or welded and allow for them to swivel. If you plan to use a generator such as running your appliances while traveling then the cheapest way is to open up an area where you can put an industrial generator in. There big and bulky but much cheaper than RV generators.

It will be cool when you get done. Good luck.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Wow, very cool project. Staying tuned.

Were you pulling with this when I saw you at bull shoals?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

zabooda
    Yes mostly everything will be running off of 120v i already have a industrial 8kw genset mount under the back of the bus. We run the generator when going down the road for air conditioning and TV but that is why i taking out the rest of the bus windows too much glass and leaks to much air.

KG I believe so, it has mad a couple of trips to bull shoals It was park by the water at the bull shoals marina for 2010 or 2011 brostocks.
    2007 supra 21v

That is awesome and something that I have always wanted to do!

I have researched it a lot before I got married lol.

Here is a great website for inspiration. http://www.skoolie.net/
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I have been working on the design for the bus. Here is what I came up with.

outside

bus exterior 1.pdf

floor plan

BUS FLOORPLAN.pdf

driver elevation

BUS DRIVERS ELEVATION.pdf

passanger side elevation

BUS PASS ELEVATION.pdf
    2007 supra 21v

I got to work on the bus this weekend.

here is what the windows looked like.

IMG_0948.jpgIMG_0949.jpg

By by bus windows. now I got to cut the camper window in next.

IMG_0959.jpgIMG_0962.jpgIMG_0963.jpg
    2007 supra 21v

Good stuff. Keep it going.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Spent some time on the bus this last week beings the weather got cold again and froze the ground on the shed now that it is warming up we will start back on the shed this week.
    I got the metal on the outside and inside of the bus. Than installed the windows they are not completely installed yet because I am going to take them out and paint the inside and outside of the bus. Also got the insulation down on the floor and the sub floor in. Next is to build the two interior walls and build brackets and mount the seats in place.
    IMG_1100.jpgIMG_1094.jpgIMG_1098.jpgIMG_1097.jpgIMG_1096.jpg
    2007 supra 21v

big project you got underway, looking good
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart