Default Any Mountain Bikers Out There

I looking to see who mountain bikes and where their favorite places are. I usually take my bike with the boat on the camping trips. Not much for good riding areas where I live. It's like great down hills and agonizing up hills.

My orthoscopic surgery went well on Friday, I've lost 18 pounds in the last three weeks so I decided to start back up again mountain biking. I used to mountain bike every weekend until I got my dirt bike but I realize I can't afford to get out of shape if I want to keep water skiing which I couldn't do last year as my first knee surgery in May didn't do so well. I'm walking without pain and no limp so I'm ready to do some riding.

My friend hooked me up with the owner of Silverdale Cyclery on the Olympic peninsula and I got the Cannondale Scalpel 29er 3 (alum frame) for $2200 which was a $1000 off their selling price. In the 80's, I always wanted a Cannondale and they were actually more expensive than today. The website has no advertising so no one would know of this deal unless you actually talked to them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I started mountain biking about 18 months ago. I bought a cheap walmart bike and took it back within 48 hrs after breaking a pedal riding around my neighborhood. I bought and entry level Scott and it was decent until I went to northern GA and the brakes nearly cost me dearly. I traded it in on a Scott Genius (similar to your bike) and WOW what a difference.
    Not a lot of mountains in FL, but there are a few really great riding areas here with terrain that is not expected. Been to a few places north of Atlanta too.

Biking is easier on the knees than running (until you fall) for sure.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Default Any Mountain Bikers Out There

Congrats on the Cannondale. I have got a Scott Genius too. It is a great bike. Here in Utah we have some good trails, my favorite being in Moab.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold