Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

^^^I couldn't agree more with the above Roswell comments. A 5.25" speaker is too small and has no business in a tower application, not to mention why you would purposely use different sizes of speakers. Plus, the drivers they've used over the years have usually been entry-level price-point. I would cut that from consideration.

Here's another option. For less than $1000 you can get two pair of Memphis 6.5" HLCDs. They are produced in the same plant as several other well-known HLCDs. The Memphis loves an honest 100 watts per speaker. Being 2-ohms, you can series the left, series the right, and bridge a 4-channel amplifier into two. A JL Audio XD400/4 is perfect and will produce 400 watts even with a low 12.5 volt supply. That's a pretty good $1250 amp/speaker tower combo.

Or with more budget, I would definitely go the Wetsounds route.

KG:

Very good and in-depth response. I will mark them off my list. So now it's between Exile & WS!

Again, thanks for all your help!

I just recently went with the Exile XM9 speakers with a XM30.2. Hope to get it all in this week. I will let you know how it sounds.
    2016 Moomba Craz
    Fusion Head/Remote
    Kicker Cabin/Sub/Amp
    4 Exile SXT9's
    Exile 30.2

2013 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2008 Tahoe(Sold)

Something tells me that Skiers choice is selling a lot of Mojo's this year, because our phone has run off the hook this week with NEW NEW Mojo owners. Jeff - glad we got you hooked up with a tower package that works for you.

HP > if you have questions about Exile PM me or call the office. Happy to answer questions for you on gear or installation help or whatever the topic might be.

-Brian

You're gonna love the 9s with the 30.2. Congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

sorry kg, late to the party

icon8's are OK at wakeboard range, but not what they were meant for. comparing them to my old bullet 6.5's(not even a fair comparison really) and the couple rev10's I've heard, mine are a whole lot more "musical" than the hlcd's at close range and moderate volume levels, but if you want to crank at 80ft, go hlcd and go as big as you can afford.
    I was torn between spending the extra cash for a set of rev10's and really decided since I rarely board and 95% surf, the 4 icon8's was the right decision. I may not be the loudest at the sandbar, but I don't experience the harsh highs of the hlcd's.

with that being said, getting enough power to them and ensuring it's CLEAN power is just as important. I don't think the icon's would sound near as good as they do with a smaller amp. I'm using an arc ks300.2 at 2ohms.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks Brian..

Guys customer service has been top notch. Brian has been awesome to deal with and has responded quickly to all my questions.
    2016 Moomba Craz
    Fusion Head/Remote
    Kicker Cabin/Sub/Amp
    4 Exile SXT9's
    Exile 30.2

2013 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2008 Tahoe(Sold)

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Jeff, whos doing your install for you
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold