Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Show

Default Boat Show

LSV last year started at $49,999 and I think you transposed the numbers on the X-2. That boat will run you $75k.

At the Atlanta Boat Show, Moomba still looked to be the best value on the floor, IMO.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 01-18-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Its just getting pretty hard for an average person to purchase something like that and they are offering 20 year loans knowing this. I wouldn't know if I even have 20 years left. It would pay off when I turn 76. Got an idea I may not be boarding as much then.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Default Boat Show

Oh, I'm with ya. I'm blown away every year at the boat show by the folks dropping $70, $80, $90k plus on a boat.

They do realize you still have to put gas in it, right? I think I'm dyslexic too. I want to pay 37k, not 73k.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Just give me an inboard with idiot lights for gauges and an am radio and I'm good. I don't need all this other crap (stuff). I will be just as boating as everyone else.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Those are the boats that are available when the economy goes south. They end up in the hands of the Repo Guy because no one will buy a used boat at the price they need to pay off a loan. Someone needs to start off buying new.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

JMB I have a heck of a deal for you on a 07 LSV with all the upgrades you would want. I still have my eye on a Nautique 230.

You are right that the prices are ridiculous for the higher end boats AND SC though it is the best value on the market the prices are still going up quickly. I know that prices are set at what the market is willing to pay obviously. As long as the big (2 MC and SN) continue to set the bar so high all the other guys will continue to go up as well. A Moomba sitting next to a G23 looks like a hell of a deal in comparison but if you just sit back and just look at the trends it does seem that everyone is going up in price.

I guess my big question is there are a lot of Nautique, Tige, MC, Centurion, and Malibu boats sold every year for over 100k What do all these people do for a living that are buying these things, or are they all in debt up to their eyeballs?

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    Just give me an inboard with idiot lights for gauges and an am radio and I'm good. I don't need all this other crap (stuff). I will be just as boating as everyone else.

Jack - I'm right there, with you. Give me the basics. Although, I admit really liking the factory upgraded sound system. Been seven years now and still lovin' my Outback. - Stuart
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    JMB I have a heck of a deal for you on a 07 LSV with all the upgrades you would want. I still have my eye on a Nautique 230.

You are right that the prices are ridiculous for the higher end boats AND SC though it is the best value on the market the prices are still going up quickly. I know that prices are set at what the market is willing to pay obviously. As long as the big (2 MC and SN) continue to set the bar so high all the other guys will continue to go up as well. A Moomba sitting next to a G23 looks like a hell of a deal in comparison but if you just sit back and just look at the trends it does seem that everyone is going up in price.

I guess my big question is there are a lot of Nautique, Tige, MC, Centurion, and Malibu boats sold every year for over 100k What do all these people do for a living that are buying these things, or are they all in debt up to their eyeballs?
    That is my question They cant be selling all of them to the rich or there wouldn't be 20 year loans. Guess I screwed up and stayed in the Navy for 20 years instead of going to college or starting a buisness.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Default Boat Show

You might be surprised to learn of the number of folks who split ownership.