Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was reluctant to lose my HU, but took the plunge and only have the WS-420sq and have been fine with it. It has the 3.5mm and the RCA inputs so I can swap between 2 phones or whatever. It's been fine. I've had to put in a remote turn on lead to power it on/off, but that was easy.

I put the WS420sq in the spot where the deck was and got a 1/2 din pocket to use up the extra space.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I don't have or need a HU. Bluetooth to the EQ from the iPhone. Stream my playlists, a Guest's playlist, Pandora or NoShoesRadio.com. There's internet radio too if you're so inclined. I do have good internet reception on the lake though (LTE).

Quote Originally Posted by navajake View Post
    I don't have or need a HU. Bluetooth to the EQ from the iPhone. Stream my playlists, a Guest's playlist, Pandora or NoShoesRadio.com. There's internet radio too if you're so inclined. I do have good internet reception on the lake though (LTE).
    What bluetooth and EQ setup?

It is interesting to read about connecting head units to and iPod to listen to music when all this while I have only been using a pair of mere earphones. I guess I would have to venture out more if I wish to find out about a traditional head unit and its uses to enhance my music experience.

Brian of Exile Audio and I talked about head units vs. EQ's while he helped me tune my new system from them. He said their EQ has 9v preout while most head units have anywhere from 1v to 4v. Would that mean you would eliminate any need to boost signal from the ipod?
    Jim Hagen
    Madison, Wisconsin
    facebook.com/signedgewraps

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV - Exiled
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

Rugburn,

There will always be an advantage to having your 3.5mm headphone music source go through a head-unit, even if its 1V -4V output. Loosing that little bit of increase means it has to be compensated somewhere. This is going to be through a higher EQ gain level or amp gain level. When adjusting the EQ gains level, be aware that some amps only allow for a max of 6V input.