Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ive never had an issue telling people to move. Maybe its the fact i squeeze the girls between the guys IDK LOL. Seems like at least 1/2 them are happy LOL.

I have been thinking of adding 250 lead to the drivers side to off set my batteries on the port side. My boat actually leans to the Starboard when no one is in it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

cousin used it a lot. not a fan and not in my boat. it's added weight at trailering and when cruising.

rode in a sanger 237 at the '12 polar bear that had 1500lbs of lead in it. had that boat seen an issue, it's going down.
    helped Scott from sanger unload it at the end of the night. my arms hated me the next day
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    cousin used it a lot. not a fan and not in my boat. it's added weight at trailering and when cruising.

rode in a sanger 237 at the '12 polar bear that had 1500lbs of lead in it. had that boat seen an issue, it's going down.
    helped Scott from sanger unload it at the end of the night. my arms hated me the next day
    That Sanger was so overloaded, I think a roller could have sunk it. I didn't even want to ride in that boat when we where there. I feel for the new owner and all the wear that engine took its first 20 hours on the lake LOL
    [COLOR="#696969"]

My last boat was a mastercraft with no plumbed ballast. I put plastic storage containers in the boat and filled with concrete. The boat was set up for wake boarding with only one setting huge wake. The boat lift winch would work hard to pull that boat out. Man how far boats have come.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    That Sanger was so overloaded, I think a roller could have sunk it. I didn't even want to ride in that boat when we where there. I feel for the new owner and all the wear that engine took its first 20 hours on the lake LOL
    In '08 when my business tanked and I sold my Natique, I picked up an old mid-nineties Ski Sanger (had something called a "carburetor" on it) that we used fat sacks to board behind. Didn't get too far from the shore in case the kids needed to swim back!!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Ok guys so I have the 07 LSV and I am running the IBS in it with a locker bag and 2 1100 in the back (pretty typical set up right)

I am running johnson reversible pumps and I still get air in both bags. I dont like to run them all the way down so the pumps are sucking air because I dont feel like replacing impellers all the time.

Questions:

1. For those that have this setup with johnson pumps how do you have the inlet and vent lines run on the IBS and Locker Bag? Maybe I just have them incorrectly run.

2. I dont fill the back all the way up but I still feel like I could put more in the back IF i had more in the front. 90% of the time I dont have anyone with me on the boat accept for the wife. When I do have others on the boat I fill up the back fuller and make them all sit in the front and the wake is AWESOME. So that tells me that I need more weight in the front for 90% of my riding. I am thinking like 300-400. What would you guys recommend in my situation? I think air in the bag is inevitable so I think I am only getting like 350-400 in the nose on a good day in the IBS, and maybe 300 in the locker.

I was thinking lead in the front or concrete, or maybe adding a few fat bricks and plumbing them in somehow, or just filling them and leaving them full. I dont know what to do. Fatty needs a little more wake. Yes I am on a diet too.

In your case I'd say a bow filler cushion and one of these http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-open-bow-sac.html since you're not often worried about moving people around.
    Sinks a lot slower than lead!

The lead interests me but at $1/lb that's spendy ballast. With my offset (kinda stupid) cabin seating arrangement favoring one side, the lead may be a nice way to weight the starboard side for balance and/or goofy surfing.

(or slamming the normal surf side just for the helluvit)
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I use the triangle sac mentioned above. If you dont need the room in the bow it slams the front!!!!

I also have 6 pop bags I use to move around the cabin. And for evening out the boat lead in soft bags is great.

The IBS only fills to about 400-500 right? I know my triangle fills to double that.
    If you already have the IBS you can always get a 400 sac to put in the walkway also.

for those of you running the 1100's in the rear ( I got 750's) does the wakeboard wake get that much better? I know fuel consumption goes way up but is it THAT much better then the 750's?
    I know my 07 LSV likes more in the nose and it drives like a pig the way I have it now....lol
    07 LSV usually DUMPED

Thanks for the information, the whole reason I went with the IBS is to keep everything under the seats so you don't see it and so there is no mess with pumps and hoses. I was really looking for a more permanent solution or at least one that was hidden.

How about the questions about the way I have the IBS and the locker bags plumbed. Does anyone have anything rigged up on theirs to help with the air issues.

I also had a not so conventional idea of "maybe" redoing the trim tab on the bottom to dig in a little more when in the down position. I would think that this would make the nose plow into the water a little more right. Maybe a new larger tab that sticks off the back further? What are the thoughts on that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Thanks for the information, the whole reason I went with the IBS is to keep everything under the seats so you don't see it and so there is no mess with pumps and hoses. I was really looking for a more permanent solution or at least one that was hidden.

How about the questions about the way I have the IBS and the locker bags plumbed. Does anyone have anything rigged up on theirs to help with the air issues.

I also had a not so conventional idea of "maybe" redoing the trim tab on the bottom to dig in a little more when in the down position. I would think that this would make the nose plow into the water a little more right. Maybe a new larger tab that sticks off the back further? What are the thoughts on that idea?
    I run vent lines on all my bags, and a 1 way check valve on the vent. This way when the pump is draining, I dont get air through the vent.
    [COLOR="#696969"]