Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I do it all the time to "cool off" the folks up front! It is preventable if you pay attention.. It is all so very easy to do once you learn how to.
    11' Mobius LSV
    " Yes I am a pirate 200yrs too late"

done it will all 3 of mine, some on purpose, some not. felt really bad one time and only one time when it happened-got some ones phone wet.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

i have done it a few times..my bow sits like a foot out the water. i ahve came around a few times and throttled down and was watching my buddy in the water and would catch my own wake and have some come over.
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I drove Dusty's boat at the TX Jam 2 yrs ago and had to get back to a rider quick and wasn't used to the delay with such a big boat, totally sacked out and I shot a wall of H2O into his ride. I blamed it on the carb vs fuel-injection. Regardless, it allowed me to go back to drinking.
    Come on now SC guru ... the 24 pair isn't that old. I think fuel injection started in 03 or 04.

The 24 just drives like a slug, especially when loaded with 3k+. It does take getting used to. I heard you cleaned off the windshield though!!!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I heard you cleaned off the windshield though!!!
    if you are going to dip the bow, at least do it right, and it sound like it was this time. you got to at least get the peeps sitting in the cabin too
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    if you are going to dip the bow, at least do it right, and it sound like it was this time. you got to at least get the peeps sitting in the cabin too
    Yes if you are going to do it then you have to do it right. I have sunk the bow that the wave cleared the windshield and got the passenger sitting just behind the windshield socked. The two people in the bow had no chance at all.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I would say spearing your own wake is the most common - but I don't boat i busy water. I would naver take my 99 Mobius in high seas or even on a busy river - just because of the low freeboard at the nose. We first found out by accident if you come about quickly/sharply and throttle down - it is almost inevitable. Your choices are to either throttle up before you ht the wave OR get the boat more parallel to the roller. If you are sideways to the roller you just get an awkward waggle. If you are perpendicular to it and at no/low throttle - you cuold easily tke on a lot of water.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I used to take rollers frequently in my OBV until I learned how not to- now I never do unless I want to. My buddy has a Tige which the salesman assured him is a "dry boat" and I make it a point to soak his carpet at least twice a summer.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    I would say spearing your own wake is the most common - low freeboard at the nose. come about quickly/sharply and throttle down - almost inevitable.
    In my Outback I'd say to the kids up in the bow, "Hey, grab me a beer when you're back there." "Back where?" WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !! "Yea, back there!"
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Only done it once in mine. We came upon a huge set of rollers from tubers running circles, I had a pregnant lady on board and was told by my wife to not bounce her around much, I had to throttle down to avoid crashing through the rollers so we ended up submarining through two of them, water over the windshield, everyone is now soaking wet but I at least didn't bounce the lady... opened my floor hatch to the center drain to let the water get to the bilge pump, kicked on all ballast pumps to drain the bags and get us higher in the water and idled back to the rider and then the dock... good times
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V