Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I pulled my boat 850 miles from Calgary to interior of B.C. and back each year. This was a trip through the Rocky Mountains and the temperatures were around 90 F. Just don't be in a rush and make sure you have good tires on your trailer.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

Just pulled the Mojo from OR to Phoenix. Apx 1300 one way.
    Then Phoenix to Powell, Powel back to Phoenix, and then Phoenix back to OR.

In the F350 averaged around 12mpg. I think the fuel bill was some here around 800 each way.

Only thing i would caution you about Powell is it can get real windy. We had the Mojo double anchored and it bent 1 anchor as it pulled it out. I was lucky to see our boat floating past the house boat. I had to make a swim for it. Man thats the farthest I have ever swam in 1 shot. Luckly the second anhor was dragging slowing it down.

Another thing I would be carefull in the LSV with its lower nose, you have a lot of Cruise <Tour> boats throwing 4ft high rollers that will give you a hard time. I was extreamly thankfull I had the Mojo and not the LSV on the lake when we when in Sept.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I took my boat out to lake Powell in 2009 we did a 3300 mile two week round trip. We took my supra 21v, 2 Honda jet ski, and 4 Honda quads. Of course we put all this on one trailer. So we had one tow vehicle and everyone else flew out and met us there.
    It broke down as the following.
    3 day's traveling
    1 day at the Grand Canyon
    6 days on lake Powell with house boats
    4 days riding quads

It was a trip we went from
    Brighton, Illinois to
    Flagstaff Arizona to
    Grand Canyon to
    Page Arizona to
    Phoenix Arizona back to
    Brighton IL

I would do this again in a heartbeat. And my wife is even talking in two years when the kids are a little bigger doing it again. This has been the best vacation I ever been on. But I was sure beat when we got back home. (I think I needed a vacation after my vacation).
    We spent two day on the San Jan River arm and that was some of the best wakeboarding and surfing we did all trip. We start at Page and went north and the furthest north we went was San Juan River arm. Next time we want to start at the north end and go south.

This year we are planning on going to Lake Lanier Ga. This trip I plan on using the regular boat trailer.
    We make a 600 mile round trip about every summer. I got a 2007 boat and trailer and have had 1 set of bearing go bad and it happen 1 mile from the house. I also change he oil in my hubs every year.

if you are on facebook here is my album from the trip
    https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.wo...5129174&type=3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 supra 21v

Now that's one impressive trailer!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

wolf that is one hell of a set up. That looks like a blast. I would do that in a heartbeat.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

LOVE THAT TRAILER!!
    Up until we got our place @ Cumberland we would make the 600 mile round trip about every other weekend Memorial Day to Labor Day. Never left the boat in KY because we would use it on the other weekends and some weekday evenings at home.
    2014 MOOMBA LSV
    1998 Response LX (sold)

I remember seeing that trailer pic a couple years ago. Awesome! And it's being pulled by a dmax
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

That all stock Dmax Avarage 11 mpg running 75 to 80 mph on that trip.
    Cannot complain one bit.
    The bad part was we had a about $4000.00 fuel bill for the two weeks of playing.
    Last edited by wolff supra21v; 01-15-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    2007 supra 21v

Dang, love that trailer and the abilility to bring it all

we tow one way 400-500 each sumer last 10 summers or so
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

$4k ouch!!! But well spent!!
    Getting to see the countryside and new places with that fully loaded arsenal on a trailer with family/friends would be priceless in my book.
    2014 MOOMBA LSV
    1998 Response LX (sold)