Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Default What's The Furthest You've Towed or Would Tow

Quote Originally Posted by irish-racing View Post
    I would love to go to Lake Powell and take my boat BUT it is 1,300 miles one way for me.... So yeah no. This summer we are going to Dale Hollow which is about 315 miles. That I can tolerate. For $600 a day I'd say screw it and pull my boat there.
    We been going to Dale Hollow the past 5 years, we will be up there Labor Day weekend on a houseboat out of sunset marina.

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

The furthest we ever towed was about 800 miles each way, Bay Area-Lake Powell. Now living in Salt Lake we get down to Lake Powell 2-3 times a year. Really is a great place especially with a houseboat. I would do it if I were you and I would bring my boat, not rent one. The ones they have for rentals are pretty beat up.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

A couple years ago we were in Ambergris Cay in Belize at Tranquility Bay. Carlos - the manager - originally moved donw there to run a waterski school, but it did not pan out. He towed his Nautique from somewhere in Canada all the way to Belize. Thats got to be 3000 miles easy.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Default What's The Furthest You've Towed or Would Tow

I go to Powell 3-4 times every summer. I would pull your boat, no question. The rental boats are Baja pos's and are not nice at all. Coming from my LSV, I would be sooooo disappointed with those boats, especially at that price. As mike mentioned, it can get windy, but it's all about your situation. We mostly camp at halls crossing (on land) every night so the wind is less of an issue. When we houseboat it, we always tie one end off to the back of the houseboat, to ensure we don't loose the boat overnight. That always depends on your nightly beach situation, but I don't enjoy the swim that mike did. I have dealt with that enough myself. The time spent there is always amazing and well worth it. Take it on. Have fun!
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

pulled the outback out to Brainerd, MN approx $800mi one way 2 summers ago on the single axle. No issues at all. Spent 2 weeks in a rented house on pelican lake. I wouldn't hesitate to pull it twice as far as long as the stay warrants it. I wouldn't do it for 2 days of boating. But for a week or 2 - any day!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    pulled the outback out to Brainerd, MN approx $800mi one way 2 summers ago on the single axle. No issues at all. Spent 2 weeks in a rented house on pelican lake. I wouldn't hesitate to pull it twice as far as long as the stay warrants it. I wouldn't do it for 2 days of boating. But for a week or 2 - any day!
    Bought my boat and met the guy in Indiana, was bout 650 miles round trip. Single axle and no issues at all; thankfully my axle waited to break months later while it was just sitting there doing nothing at my house.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

That trailer is awesome, I bet you get some looks at the boat ramp!
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

I think I'm going to go ahead and reserve the trip for early summer. When we went to Ouachita I used a 4 man tube rope to pull the LSV behind the houseboat. What have you guys used that have towed their boat behind the houseboat?
    2009 LSV Liquid Force Edition
    - Gravity III - Upgraded 900lb rear locker
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - Polk MM6501UM - Kicker IX500.4
    - Kicker CompVX 12" - Kicker IX1000.1
    - Pair Wetsounds Rev 10s - JL Audio HD750/1
    - RGB LEDs

When we went I had three tube ropes (at least I thought good and heavy ones) we rented two house boats and pulled the ski boat behind one and the two jet ski behind the other. I bought a new tube rope and had two old ones the new one was suppose to be for the boat but somehow one of the old ones got tied to the boat. It was about a 5 year old rope. It broke along the way. It got wrapped around the Supra's prop and it was a pain in the ass get it of the prop and we were only pulling it about 15 mph. I always have a good knife and we had to cut it off the prop could not get it to unwrap. I would say a newer rope is always better than one a couple years old.
    Last edited by wolff supra21v; 01-16-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    2007 supra 21v

I think i'll scoop up an additional 4 man tube rope for backup ....just in case.
    2009 LSV Liquid Force Edition
    - Gravity III - Upgraded 900lb rear locker
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - Polk MM6501UM - Kicker IX500.4
    - Kicker CompVX 12" - Kicker IX1000.1
    - Pair Wetsounds Rev 10s - JL Audio HD750/1
    - RGB LEDs