Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default What's The Furthest You've Towed or Would Tow

Lake Powell has some serious discounts on houseboats this summer and I'm seriously thinking about a trip there summer and pulling my boat there. Here's the dilemma, I'm in Dallas and the trip would be about 1000 miles.

Summer of 2011 I pulled the boat to Lake Ouachita in Arkansas which was about 320 miles with no problems or issues.
    (actually hit a submerged 'rock bar' in the lake and did 7k in damage to the boat)

What's the furthest anybody has pulled their boat?
    2009 LSV Liquid Force Edition
    - Gravity III - Upgraded 900lb rear locker
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - Polk MM6501UM - Kicker IX500.4
    - Kicker CompVX 12" - Kicker IX1000.1
    - Pair Wetsounds Rev 10s - JL Audio HD750/1
    - RGB LEDs

I would pull to Lake Powell with no thought and it is still on my bucket list. I go down there (Moab) with my dirt bike and it is like riding or boating through the Grand Canyon. It makes other places look lame. I've done a 500 mile round tripper before but I usually stay within 300 miles round trip. Just have that spare tire. You got a chance to go and I would recommend doing it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Furthest I have pulled was Lake Livingston... not far but was hilly and an a$$ kicker on gas milage. I would pull as far as I needed to for the right situation!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I'm pulling with a 2011 4-runner. When I pulled to Ouachita I averaged about 17MPG on the hwy. So its going to be a hefty gas bill getting there. The alternative is renting a skiboat there at a cost of $600 a day. We're planning on a 6 day trip so 3600 additional!! F' That!!
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - RGB LEDs

Pulled 600'ish miles when I purchased my boat. Did the same trip the next year when Dusty bought his.

Are boat rentals available at Powell? I know it's not the same as having your own boat there but cost might start approaching break even when towing that many miles.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Posted at the same time ....

Whoa on the boat rental cost! Perhaps they would cut a deal for an extended rental?

17mpg pulling a boat is impressive.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

And its not really a wakeboard boat. In the picture provided it looks just like a standard skiboat. 3600 extra to rent a boat aint gonna happen for me. At least with my own boat, I know how to drive it, I got my stereo all setup, ballast, etc

My boat has the Z5 rack so I pulled the entire rack off when I towed and I think that helped a lot with my MPG.

My concerns with pulling that far are the obvious, flat tires, hubs.

http://www.lakepowell.com/powerboats-jetskis.aspx
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - RGB LEDs

I would love to go to Lake Powell and take my boat BUT it is 1,300 miles one way for me.... So yeah no. This summer we are going to Dale Hollow which is about 315 miles. That I can tolerate. For $600 a day I'd say screw it and pull my boat there.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

We go to lake powell almost every year. I have not pulled my boat there yet, but I will be this year. I will be heading to wahweap marina and launching and then cruising up the lake 92 miles to bullfrog marina to meet up with the family. It's going to be a lot of travel time but I am always up for an adventure.
    2007 Supra 20SSV - 325HP - SOLD (What's Next?)

Wetsounds Rev 10's
    XS-650's
    Syn 6
    Syn 4
    WS-420

We did 600+ two years ago when we went to the ozarks for brostock. We didn't even have the slightest hickup other that 10mpg in the truck.

SandM pulled his Tige from Idaho to Wisconsin and I believe that was a 1500 mile trip. Scott time to chime in!
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"