Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

that answers why I don't have a SA, im over 30 and don't want $553 monthly's
    Last edited by moombadaze; 01-13-2014 at 07:57 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

As a Canadian living down here in Houston now I was actually disappointed in the show when I compare it to Edmonton or Calgary's boat shows. Don't get me wrong, there are boats there! Lots of em! My guess would be close to $100 million worth of inventory based on the average price there.
    What surprised me the most is all of these dealers and not one shop had any gear set ups for sale???? There was no wet suits, ski's, boards, jackets, etc. There was one dealer in the center of the show and their goods certainly weren't boat show priced! Well unless you consider Buy 1 pair of women's Bobs shoes and get the second for free!" a good deal on water goods?
    At the shows I have seen in both Edmonton and Calgary you get to see boats and every dealer that sells a life jacket, flip flops, tube, ski, or wakeboard is there as well. It's where I have always gotten the best deal on most of the stuff in my boathouse.
    So in saying that I was very disappointed! Also there was ONLY 2 - three event boats at the show. One was the new Mastercraft Prostar and the other was Centurion Carbon Fiber Pro. No Outback at all, no Malibu Response, no Nautique 200.
    As a skier and biased I proudly admit; this disappointed me a lot. All the guys say I can get you one but you have to come to the dealership............NO THANKS it's why I came to the boat show.
    I just told my wife how impressed I was with the new pontoon boats! And when we are done skiing I think I have found our next form of on the water enjoyment! LOL
    If you live in the Houston area go see the boats there are lots of nice boats for all types. Just don't expect to find a good deal on anything other than a new boat!!!!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Default Houston Boat Show

Just left the boat show, saw some great things and took some pictures that I will be sure to share when I get to my computer.

Speaking of that MC prostar, I was blown away at an 80k price tag for a DD with only like 5 seats. That's silly expensive but I guess it is only half the price of an xstar...

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by iwaterskihard View Post
    So in saying that I was very disappointed! Also there was ONLY 2 - three event boats at the show. One was the new Mastercraft Prostar and the other was Centurion Carbon Fiber Pro. No Outback at all, no Malibu Response, no Nautique 200.
    As a skier and biased I proudly admit; this disappointed me a lot.
    think about what are selling nowadays and it's not ski boats. the outback dd is dead.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Not only is the DD dead but accessories can be found on line for much cheaper than a dealer can sell them. I don't see much accessories at boat dealers except the "must have" stuff that people need right away like some life jackets, mooring ropes, bumpers and cleaning supplies.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Houston Boat Show

I loved how deep the Mondo was but the inside wasn't all that. My outback v is nicer on the inside. I really liked this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I as a skier as well am kinda shocked to hear of so few DD ski boats. Is Texas not one of the few states that seem to really promote Private ski lakes . Housing developments built on or with private ski lakes.
    I realize Most of the top Pro waterskiers are Florida based but i thought there are a few based outta Texas.
    07 Outback DD