Hybrid View

Default Atlanta Boat Show

Happy New Year to everyone, haven't been by in a while. Sold my '05 LS back in September and even with the cold weather I've got an itch again. Me and the wife are thinking of taking a trip up to Atlanta for the boat show on Friday night/Saturday. I am not set on pulling the trigger on a brand new boat, but really want to check out a new Mojo and Mondo. When I bought my Mobius it was 5 years old with less the 100 hours. I found out quickly that low hours on an older boat isn't always a good thing. lots of corrosion from sitting up and took me a while to work some bugs out. With all that, (I've been dreaming of Nautiques forever) but I keep coming back to a Moomba. I love the looks, simplicity and the pricepoint. Just wanted to ask really how the boat show purchases worked. Do you have to sign the deal there? Are you able to take a couple weeks to decide? Will the reps point you in the direction of maybe a consignment boat or a boat on a lot somewhere? Honestly how good are the deals? What kind of price am I looking at for a new Mojo/Mondo from a boat show? And last, but importantly, I live in Southeast Georgia, so 4+ hours from Atlanta Marine. I can and will do most maintenance by myself, but how are they on giving help over the phone or maybe shipping warranty parts? Also is anyone having trouble with smaller warranty issues on new stuff? 4 hours is along way to fix a stitch in a seat or something small. Thanks in advance guys and sorry for the lengthy post.

I'll be in the Atlanta Marine booth helping out with the show and will be happy to walk you through all of the above from the perspective of a guy who went thru the same thing as you.

I also think you'll find Atlanta Marine to be one of the absolute best dealers in the entire State of Georgia in regards to taking care of their customers. I helped put a guy in a Mojo 2 yrs ago that is on Lake Eufaula. Does the drive to the ATL suck? I'm sure it does, but I know that if you call ahead, they will schedule you and get you in and out as quick as they can. Makes for a long day, but better than 2 trips. That's IF you need any warranty work.

I don't know a lot about this dealer, but they are only about 1/2 as far away as Atlanta Marine if you needed warranty work. Downfall is that you would see those expensive Natiques when you were there.

http://www.lakeareawatersports.com/

Drew, I will definitely give you a shout later today, thanks a lot. As far as Lake Area Watersports, I was pretty sure they dropped the SC line and picked up 'Bu/Axis. A quick search of their site only has 1 Moomba, a '13 Outback. Also, I haven't seen a single person on any online forum that has any experience with them, but Atlanta Marine has a very strong reputation. Just more things to consider.

There is a guy on here who had experience with them.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I could set you up with an '09 LSV!

I'll be there Thursday. I'll see y'all there!
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow