Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EcoBoot

Quote Originally Posted by motosno963 View Post
    ran across one before winter..i passed on it..im an idiot
    yep.....me too...had the chance at one myself a few years back
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default EcoBoot

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    My Avy 5.3 would go to V4 mode, but never on the interstate at constant speed (without a load). I never understood why it did not drop to V4 at idle for a stop light, seemed like a waste. I could get it into V4 more often in the 42-50 mph range if I used Tow/Haul (with or without a trailer).

My best trip from Pcola to Tampa unloaded was 19.2 in the Avy, 20.8 in the Ecoboost. My best loaded (boat) in the Avy was 12.8, the EB did is at 12.9

In reality, the difference in mileage is so small, it doesn't matter. Pulling the load, the EB is a far more powerful tower.
    I've always thought the same thing. Why not go to v4 at the stop lights. Such a waste of a good idea. Only time ours changes is at highway speeds if you are coasting.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    I've always thought the same thing. Why not go to v4 at the stop lights. Such a waste of a good idea. Only time ours changes is at highway speeds if you are coasting.
    I have a feeling it has more to do with what is actually happening when you turn off cylinders.
    At Idle a 4 cylinder has a rougher idle then a V8. A V8 is naturally very smooth due to the balance of each cylinder and there is always a Power Stroke in the engine.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default EcoBoot

I guess mine does change a lower speeds around town. I only pay attention to it changing when I'm on the freeway though. It goes back and forth pretty frequently at 60 mph but as you get up to 70-75 it solid in 8 cyl mode unless you are going down a hill

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I guess mine does change a lower speeds around town. I only pay attention to it changing when I'm on the freeway though. It goes back and forth pretty frequently at 60 mph but as you get up to 70-75 it solid in 8 cyl mode unless you are going down a hill

Sent from my iPhone
    that sounds just like how mine was, I think 66mph was a threshold for the cylinder cutout if I remember correctly.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart