Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I really don t wanna know.

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Interesting ...Jack spends on average $9 per hour on gas , Mike spends on average $14 per hour. Maybe Jack idles a lot? Maybe Mike shuts his boat off a lot or maybe he has to travel further to the sweet spots. But it does appear both used their boats 100hrs last summer and Mike's consumption is 50% more than Jack's!!! There fore Jack has more beer money oh wait, maybe Mike carried more beer in his boat? Who do you want to ride with???
    Interesting observation.
    We don't have a long a trip to the water and once in the water we load ballast and roll. I don't do much cruising on the lakes. We are boarding or surfing I'd say 90% of the engine time.
    I also don't idle filling or draining ballast.

I do carry a lot of beer, anyone thats ever been with us knows we roll 2 coolers, and 1-2 cases of beer.

When we went to Powell we took 9 cases for 4 days lol. We had 15 cases at the wedding.

Jmb, Yup its my 10 year anniversary at Intel and each 7 years we get 8 weeks sabbatical but I pushed mine as fare as i could. Plus I have to burn at least 2 weeks vacation and 7 hollidays. I plan to take from mid July till Oct off. Might be a lot of just floating in the lake drinking a beer with my dog when everyone is at work till Claudia is off, but hey, a day on the lake is a day on the lake LOL.

Once of my best accomplishments was getting Claudia comfortable backing the truck and trailer down the ramp and her driving the set up home. She doesn't drink, so that allows me to always have a DD in the boat and home LOL.

This is how we roll in the summer. Load it up boys. LOL

Last edited by mmandley; 01-01-2014 at 05:12 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Default Gas Used this Last Year

Not much cruising here either, we start pulling at the pier and are pulling till we get back basically, our sweet spots are right out of our slough lucky I guess, it's only 28 miles to our place on the lake from home, that saves on towing fuel also

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

I have no idea how much gas we used, but I suspect it was a lot; our marina is at the south end of the lake (closer to our home) and cottage is at the north end of the lake, 18 miles by water. Laura would drive by car with the baby and I'd meet them there by boat, that was about a tank round trip, and did it quote a few times, plus the normal driving and water sports stuff.
    2013 Outback V

I try not to buy gas on the lake, I can pull my boat out and go to a station fill up and be back at the pier in 20 minutes or so

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

I only buy off the water if the boat is already out, like for a trip or something. I'm all about the convenience.
    2013 Outback V

Well having a boat launch about 150 yards from my pier and a station 5 minutes away is convenient enough for me when lake gas is $5 a gallon

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Default Re: Gas Used this Last Year

I gave all my regular riders one of these.. They hold 6 gallons.. I conveniently stop for coffee at the gas station and when someone new asks can I get you something, I give them a can and point..

I did 100+ hours boarding and surfing this summer, most of my fuel was bought at the marina which was very expensive, 150-185$ a weekend.. I don't care to know the total.....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Boat really gets decent mileage. Many many hours if you count sitting time. Dont always have someone to pull me. Have to watch the beer intake because I usually have to drive. Wife won't back the boat down the ramp either. DOC has a very good analogy if I must say. I do have to cruise some to get to locations that I like to wakeboard on the lake. I ski in a different area from wakeboarding. Been known to ask a driver on the lake to pull me. Need to go to lake with all the beer.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Have no idea how much I spent on gas this year and I don't think I want to know. Ouch
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190