Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default this summers not gonna be the same

2 weeks ago i had surgery again for my acl so this summer is gonna be a wake surf only year for me. right now i have hyperlite broadcast is this board good enough for tricks or should i look into another board?
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

If you are already beyond a beginner surfer, keep looking.

Sorry to hear this.

Also try hydrofoiling. It requires one investment and keeps paying in entertainment for years. Skip the beginner equipment and go right for mid-tier skill level with CinchMax bindings.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

if you have surfed any at all, get a better board as the broadcast is a great beginner board.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sorry to hear. Buy a new board plus the flow system and make the most if it.

Default Re: this summers not gonna be the same

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    if you have surfed any at all, get a better board as the broadcast is a great beginner board.
    Anyone out together nice list of the "best' boards

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    When stuck inside......
    Hanging out here and at my favorite camping and truck forums
    same name at www.dogandtrailer.com and www.duramaxforum.com
    2006 Mobius LS, 2009 Sydney Outback 310 BHS, 2011 Duramax - My toys

Quote Originally Posted by clarkely View Post
    Anyone out together nice list of the "best' boards
    Wow. That's a loaded question as the best board is the board YOU like best based on your skills, style, size, goals, etc.

The best board I own is my Soulcraft custom 6 fin fangtail. Jeff @ Soulcraft reviewed video of my terrible riding, talked to me about what I like to do, what I wanted to do, my height, weight, etc and he built the board for me. He did the same for Mandley. But, I bet if Mike & I swapped boards, we'd each be disappointed.

So, that might not be the answer you wanted. Some of the best built boards that are carried by retailers such as evo, IMO, are the Phase 5 and Inland Surfer boards. For custom, of course I love Soulcraft and also think Mendonesia, Idol and Doomswell make some nice stuff.

Thanks.... I know it's loaded.... And would get carried answers.... And a lot depends on rider sixe/weight and boat.... But one makes better decisions by accumulating info... We just started surfing last year.... So we had a deal on a barely used broadcast... So we got that.... And then a liquid force big fish as I am a big guy..... So now we are researching for our next boards....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    When stuck inside......
    Hanging out here and at my favorite camping and truck forums
    same name at www.dogandtrailer.com and www.duramaxforum.com
    2006 Mobius LS, 2009 Sydney Outback 310 BHS, 2011 Duramax - My toys

my best board is my xxx-for budget, and my ability's. best board i've ridden is Drew's Soulcraft. good luck.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by clarkely View Post
    I am a big guy..... So now we are researching for our next boards....
    OK, so with this info, here are some ideas for you:

This past summer, mnpracing was kind enough to let me take a few spins on his IS Flyboy. It was a SUPER fun board and I hope to add one to my quiver this year. Very fast & maneuverable, quality build and they make it for big boys.

http://www.inlandsurfer.com/boards/13/bigboy.htm

If you're not yet sure, or sold, on going surf or skim, then you need to give the Phase 5 Model X a look. One of my favorite boards and it's a ton of fun to swap out fins configurations and sizes.

http://phase5boards.com/boards/2014-model-x-2/

If/when you decide to go with a hand-shaped board, give Soulcraft a look. The JS Pro is a top-notch performance board and each one is a work of art.

http://www.soulcraftboarding.com/boards/js/