Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Invoice vs MSRP - Outback V

I'm planning on purchasing a different boat for next season and one of the boats we are considering is the Outback V. What I'm trying to figure out before starting to talk to the dealers is what sort of negotiation range there is from MSRP. The boat I would be looking for would be the base setup with digital readout and multisport plate, slalom pole, fold in racks and a cover. So a pretty basic set of options.

Any thoughts on what you might expect to negotiate off of list - assuming you were ordering the boat?

Thanks

Head to your local boat show and use the incentives to get the best deal. Different dealers have different margin thresholds, so any answer you get may not be applicable at all to you.

And Moombas dealer network setup prohibits dealers from competing, rather assigns each a territory.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    And Moombas dealer network setup prohibits dealers from competing, rather assigns each a territory.
    Fortunately I've got a couple different addresses to purchase from so at least there can be a little competition.

I think your best deal is going to be the boat show as well. The other option that may save you some money would a left over that a dealer needs to move. I looked at left over 2012 OBV and the dealer was willing to take extra money off to move it off the lot. Remember Moomba is a price point boat they are already marked down for sale. Which makes them reasonably priced boats compared to other manufacturers.
    2007 Moomba Outback V

I would also look at the 13's or non-currents as they are called,Dont know what region you live in but there are a couple of OBV's in the Indiana area still up for grabs.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I wonder if this breaks any anti-trust laws.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

This is America, you can go to any dealer and buy what you want.

Shopping around and using the internet should get you in the ball park of what you should be paying for a new boat. Of course, you have to account for shipping costs too, so a boat in TN should be a different price than one in CA just due to shipping.

You should know your budget. Be realistic, if you budget is only $XXK, then you may need to buy used. If you can afford anything and you just want the best deal, then research is your friend.

Remember, the dealer is also probably the place you may need to use for warranty work and service. Starting that relationship with a purchase may be better than buying out of market and then beginning. Of course any dealer will do warranty work, but you priority in the summer may be lower than a purchaser.
    Good luck with your search.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    This is America, you can go to any dealer and buy what you want.
    good luck with that. when I was shopping last year for a new boat, I called several dealers out of state on ads on the internet and none of them would sell without an address in the dealership territory where they sell. This included several brands outside of skers choice. they were more than happy to help "broker" the deal(kind of like a referral fee) but none would deliver the boat out of their dealership. this is the case with any current model boat. once they become a "holdover", all bets are off.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by tater View Post
    I would also look at the 13's or non-currents as they are called,Dont know what region you live in but there are a couple of OBV's in the Indiana area still up for grabs.
    I'm in MN - or WI or FL if necessary Local dealer is 4 blocks from my house and they haven't had an Outback V since I've started looking there. I'll have to start looking around to see what is still available for 2013's - I'm willing to drive a ways for a decent deal. While I would need to use a dealer for any free warranty work, that is as far as it goes. I don't pay people to do service/repair work on anything. Looking at supposed invoice prices it appears that MSRP is more than 25% over invoice so there has to be room to work.

Thanks

Chuck
    http://www.oldjeep.com