Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    I also saw this over the weekend at the ATL boat show. I am not totally sold on it yet. If I have to still load up one side of the boat with water then I'm totally out on it. If it works and they make it for the LSV then I will absolutely go out and immediately buy one.

I am waiting to see how it all pans out though first before jumping on board.
    I'm thinking with physics in mind...the height of the wave will be primarily due to the weight of the boat. All this system is doing is changing the convergence of the wake by extending the hull (sideways, so one side is wider than the other from center, unlike Surfgate that makes one side longer). I have not seen this system in action, but I just don't see how in the world it would make the wake much "bigger" (i.e. taller). It may change the shape of the wake to make it more "surf-able", but I don't see how it could physically make it taller unless the effect of the convergence being later may allow the wake to develop a little further with a small increase in size, but I don't think they are making these systems so that you can go ballast-less.

The benefit I think that comes from all of these systems is you could essentially run as much weight as possible and even weight in both sides of the boat and still have a good (or better) surf wave then trying to make the boat list using weight. I run 1100 left locker and 0 right locker...now I could run 1100 in each (or just my current 550 in right), adding more total weight to my boat, which should make the wake bigger. I would be willing to bet you could run your normal wakeboard ballast setup and then use the Flow system for surfing and not have to change any ballast. I think that's the biggest benefit, is not switching ballast between the two sports, which is a HUGE plus in my book. There are so many times we want to switch back and forth since I wakeboard a lot more than my family or friends, but it's so time consuming emptying the 1100 down to around 500 and filling up the 500 that a lot of times I just say "screw it, I'll wakeboard tomorrow" since everybody else just wants to surf.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post

I am waiting to see how it all pans out though first before jumping on board.
    Me, I'm just waiting on Drew's report, if he say's is worth it, then it may be going on
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Me, I'm just waiting on Drew's report, if he say's is worth it, then it may be going on
    Yea what he said
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Yea what he said
    Pretty much what I was thinking -- the "brains" of this forum will be providing me all the R&D that I need to make a decision!!! (no pressure)
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Heres another article that was just released on the FLOW.

http://moombaboats.blogspot.com/2014....html?spref=fb

My understanding is its not there to make the wave bigger, it reshapes the wave. It also will cause it to form farther back behind the boat, making the wave longer. Its also designed to work with the boat evenly weighted. Hence the talk about switching from wake boarding to wake surfing instantly.

I respect Drews thoughts on this device but knowing the difference between the Mojo wave and whats considered by the public on the best waves behind other boat manufacturers. Only thing the Mojo really needs is Length to its waves, and this device is said to give it just that. So I'm all in and on-board with the Flow.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Any price quotes from any of the dealers at the boat shows (installed)
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

I didn't ask sorry lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Any price quotes from any of the dealers at the boat shows (installed)
    Should be right around $1,000

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Don't wait on me. Take Matt Brow's advice and go check out a local dealer and demo it for yourself.

I think the height of the wave is dependent of the displacement of the boat and the device offsets the convergence so the rooster tail is directed to one side or the other.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD