Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Trayson I'm sorry the Flow let you down, what really let you down was AWS.

I asked them a couple times if they wanted my Mojo there with a Flow thats really weighted. They never said yes so we made other plans on Saturday.

Mojo with the Flow will throw a huge wave with so much push you won't be able to get off your back leg, but your right its not stock at all.

I can't speak on AWS and how they promote the products they sell, I can only say I don't agree with it.

When you get the time your always welcome to come surf our Mojo, I will show you what that boat can do in the hands of someone who knows how to dial it in.
    Agreed. 3200 pounds of ballast in a surfgated Malibu vs. stock plus a bowsack in the Mojo isn't fair. Not to mention that the driver of the Mojo wasn't familiar with the boat at all. In fact, ***I**** was the one that was schooling him on which side to deploy the flow on!!! I had to explain the delayed convergence concept to him, so needless to say, he wasn't an expert. Nice kid, and he tried, but it wasn't someone that had the familiarity I'd have liked. That said, a free ride on a flow is better than being a keyboard commando on the forums!!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glanzer77 View Post
    My family was in Minneapolis on Lake Minnekota.
    Cool that you had a similar opportunity.

I have to say that I have a newfound respect for the Malibu/Axis boats. I've found that there are different things that I tend to value in a boat, and if I had my choice I'd like:
    • Playpen Bow with the front wrap around seating that goes into the bow with flip up backrests
    • Picklefork would be a huge plus as it makes the playpen even bigger
    • Some kind of surf system (they seem to all have the ability to work if you can dial them in)

I'd love to have an A22 that fits those criteria. But I'll be happy with my Supra Sunsport for the time being...

I would imaine that in the future I could fab up a surf system onto whatever with enough time/effort/motivation.

I'd be happy with the XLV seating. Or a Supra SSV. But I digress!!!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

AWS let you down it sounds like, and they're probably going to be hearing from Skiers Choice since Mr. Tinker frequents these forums. I'm sure that pisses them off when a dealer has the Malibu perfectly dialed in with an experienced driver and then the Moomba is with a dude that doesn't have a clue and not weighted properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    AWS let you down it sounds like, and they're probably going to be hearing from Skiers Choice since Mr. Tinker frequents these forums. I'm sure that pisses them off when a dealer has the Malibu perfectly dialed in with an experienced driver and then the Moomba is with a dude that doesn't have a clue and not weighted properly.
    It's hard I'm sure. They did have 2 Moombas on the water. 1 Supra with swell (another Supra that was a customer's I think). They had 3 of the G-series nautiques and 1 of the Nautique DD ski boats.

Then they had the fleet of Malibus. (only, maybe 2 or 3 on the water and an Axis on the water). They had a ton of boats and it was kinda crazy to get "just" 3 sessions that day.

And like I said, they have different halves of their dealership handling the Malibu/Axis vs. the Nautique/Supra/Moomba. It seems in many ways that the event is more about pimping boards than pimping boats...
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I looked at the Axis brand in 2013 during the boat show and there were a couple of things I didn't like. The first one was I didn't like the play pen area (my wife and I had a disagreement on this one). I also didn't like the bones (the look) of the boat. I ended up going a totally different path with a jet boat. Prior to the boat show I had rented and skied behind everything from a Chaparral to a Wakesetter VLX but never had even ridden in a jetboat.. Temporary insanity I guess. At the end of 2013 I knew I needed to do something because the jet boat just wasn't what we were looking for. So I jumped back in and started researching again, limiting my lengths to 20’ and under due to storage. SC came out with the Mondo so I read a lot, especially on this board. Pricing for the A20 was similar to the Mondo, the axis being more expensive. I visited the Malibu dealer first and I honestly didn't get treated that great in my opinion. I did spend some time looking at the Axis again but still just didn't like the look of it. Bad trade in pricing was the final straw and I ended up walking out of the dealership. Went to Atlanta Marine and the rest is history. Very happy with my decision. I recently added the 650 ibs and 900 sumo’s to the rear and the wake doubled in size. It is just incredible. One of the teenagers on the boat rode with everything full and he said it compared to his neighbors wake behind his 2014 Mailbu 247 lsv when he rode behind it. He said the wake was a little bigger on the Malibu but that they also had 12 people on top of the ballasts being full.

I recently took a wakeboarding lesson from Corey Bradley and spent 3 hours behind and on his 22MXZ. It is a sweet ride but anything with that price tag, ie. Porsche, is a sweet ride. He gets sponsored by Malibu (he rode for Mastercraft for like 6-7 years) so I think they give him a new one every year. He puts like 4000 lbs of ballast in it when he rides at a 75’ rope length. Crazy…

By the way he is great instructor for anyone in the NEGA area. I hope to go back again. He worked my tail off. He’s also on an apple app that is a free download that has some good video instructions. TSO Wake.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

In the spring I was hell bent on buying a new boat and the axis caught my eye at the boat show. I was torn for about 2 weeks on a T22 or A22. Test drove both with surfgate and it was impressive. Long story short my local dealer went back on his words for the trade in. This opened up the door to my local Moomba dealer. We dialed in the flow surf from minute one and never looked back. Moomba Dealer also transferred my stereo system from Regal to Moomba without a fuss which was huge. The Moomba wins on interior and performance in my eyes. As for the convenience of surf gate I will give that to Axis but you can dial in the flow pretty good. (Shout out to Mike,mmandley that helped me over the phone with that). Bottom line I think the Moomba is better quality for the money but Axis makes a great boat. Also it comes down to your local dealer and trust level. Just my thoughts.
    2015 Supra SE450
    Exile Audio
    4 XM9 Towers
    1 XI 12 DVC Sub
    POLK Sub
    1 SD4 Amp
    1 XM 30.2 Amp
    1 Javelin Amp
    Wet Sounds WS-420SQ

Supra Swell
    2014 Mojo 2.5 Traded In
    2008 Regal 2220 Fastdeck Sold
    1998 Fourwinns 200 Horizon Sold
    1992 Funship GrummanPontoon Sold

I just talked to my dealer he contacted to factory and the surf flow for the mojo will fit a 05 lsv. They also offer system for lsv 06 and up. Ok honld on now its 1600.00 installed.

Just sent you a PM about your coach

Quote Originally Posted by marman View Post
    I looked at the Axis brand in 2013 during the boat show and there were a couple of things I didn't like. The first one was I didn't like the play pen area (my wife and I had a disagreement on this one). I also didn't like the bones (the look) of the boat. I ended up going a totally different path with a jet boat. Prior to the boat show I had rented and skied behind everything from a Chaparral to a Wakesetter VLX but never had even ridden in a jetboat.. Temporary insanity I guess. At the end of 2013 I knew I needed to do something because the jet boat just wasn't what we were looking for. So I jumped back in and started researching again, limiting my lengths to 20’ and under due to storage. SC came out with the Mondo so I read a lot, especially on this board. Pricing for the A20 was similar to the Mondo, the axis being more expensive. I visited the Malibu dealer first and I honestly didn't get treated that great in my opinion. I did spend some time looking at the Axis again but still just didn't like the look of it. Bad trade in pricing was the final straw and I ended up walking out of the dealership. Went to Atlanta Marine and the rest is history. Very happy with my decision. I recently added the 650 ibs and 900 sumo’s to the rear and the wake doubled in size. It is just incredible. One of the teenagers on the boat rode with everything full and he said it compared to his neighbors wake behind his 2014 Mailbu 247 lsv when he rode behind it. He said the wake was a little bigger on the Malibu but that they also had 12 people on top of the ballasts being full.

I recently took a wakeboarding lesson from Corey Bradley and spent 3 hours behind and on his 22MXZ. It is a sweet ride but anything with that price tag, ie. Porsche, is a sweet ride. He gets sponsored by Malibu (he rode for Mastercraft for like 6-7 years) so I think they give him a new one every year. He puts like 4000 lbs of ballast in it when he rides at a 75’ rope length. Crazy…

By the way he is great instructor for anyone in the NEGA area. I hope to go back again. He worked my tail off. He’s also on an apple app that is a free download that has some good video instructions. TSO Wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusmannc View Post
    I just talked to my dealer he contacted to factory and the surf flow for the mojo will fit a 05 lsv. They also offer system for lsv 06 and up. Ok honld on now its 1600.00 installed.
    Is the hull on an 05 LSV the same as an 03?
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers