Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Great info, maybe I can found out if its worth the money to buy the flow for my LSV or just sack it out

2013 Moomba LSV
    sack it out for now.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Jwredmon101 View Post
    I talked to Wakemakers yesterday and they were suggesting that the 900's would fit great in a Mondo .. With that being said.. its like a 20 dollar difference per bag from the 750s.

OK thats good to know... my dealer said a 750 would pop the locker door open so makes me wonder? I would go with the 900's anyways for the price difference... just fill them as full as i can and go from there...
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

The 750s don't even pop the locker on the OBV so I can't imagine it would on the Mondo.

And I would agree on your decision to get the 900s -- fill as much of that locker as you can!!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I put my 750's in the Mondo that I test drove last fall. They had plenty of room. I wish I would have brought my IBS and a pump with me also. The Mondo needed a lot more than the factory 500# hard tank.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Thx for the Info guys!!! Much appreciated

Sent from my apple crushin android device
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Any more info on the Flow with the Mojo? We got out for the first time today and couldn't help but give surfing a try... despite the mid 50's degree water (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!).

I just have the stock setup. We ran with the surf side rear full, other side ~50% and center tank full and about 5 people on the surf side. I tried 10.5 ~ 11 mph. My brother-in-law is regular, he was up on the first time and next 5 or so but couldn't ever go ropeless... wave was pretty clean but not massive and it felt very close to the boat. I was up next and I'm goofy so we swapped things up... I was up first time but we could never get the wave clean.

I'm sure with some practice and a little tweaking we'll get things better... but I'm not sure what to do next. The flow seems like the "easy" solution but I'm not wanting to drop the $$$ on that... especially with the not so positive reviews. There are very young children in my boat so leaning it and sinking it like crazy are not really appealing either.

Any thoughts?
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Any more info on the Flow with the Mojo? We got out for the first time today and couldn't help but give surfing a try... despite the mid 50's degree water (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!).

I just have the stock setup. We ran with the surf side rear full, other side ~50% and center tank full and about 5 people on the surf side. I tried 10.5 ~ 11 mph. My brother-in-law is regular, he was up on the first time and next 5 or so but couldn't ever go ropeless... wave was pretty clean but not massive and it felt very close to the boat. I was up next and I'm goofy so we swapped things up... I was up first time but we could never get the wave clean.

I'm sure with some practice and a little tweaking we'll get things better... but I'm not sure what to do next. The flow seems like the "easy" solution but I'm not wanting to drop the $$$ on that... especially with the not so positive reviews. There are very young children in my boat so leaning it and sinking it like crazy are not really appealing either.

Any thoughts?
    I hate to say it but some of it does come down to skill. I went out last week (in 55 degree water as well). I was behind my buddy's Tige 21v. We had one driver and two passengers when I was surfing. My friend that owns the boat FORGOT to bring the bags. So there we were with a Tige using 2 normal sized people as the ONLY ballast. And guess what, I was able to freeride. Yeah, it took some effort and there were a couple times I lost the wave. But I was able to freeride a 21' v-drive with no ballast because I'd worked all last season surfing.

That said, the right wave makes it a LOT easier and a LOT more fun. But I found out someone that has a little experience can make it happen even without ballast. (and I'm really not that great of a surfer--only been doing it 1 summer).

Regardless, I'm staying tuned for FLOW developments and am anxious to get out behind a boat that has it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Ha, quite true trayson. I certainly didn't expect to free ride or pull of any 360's on the first time out... I just know my wave (especially on the goofy side) was terrible compared to what I've seen in videos and pictures.

I suppose we'll get the wave... And surfing figured out with a little time. I'm just trying to figure out my best options down the road... Flow or sac upgrades. I would prefer the Flow because it is easier and appears to be safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I think that stock in a 13 Mojo was only the 400s in the rear so if you want a good surf wave then you need to upgrade your bags to at least 750s. Regardless of using the flow or not, you need more weight than the stock setup for the Mojo since it's such a deep boat. Upgrade your bags, try surfing it, then decide if you want the flow or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    I recommend demoing the Flow before coming to any conclusions on it based off of looks. It works and you don't need to empty ballast on either side, just deploy it and go. Also, Drew is right. If you want the Swell then you'll have to get a Supra. Likewise, Supra owners who don't want to pony up the extra cash for the Swell can't install the FLOW on their boats.
    I thought the hulls on the Supras and Moombas were the same shape for the various models, why would the flow not work on a Supra?
    1966 18' Chris Craft Super Sport, 2007 Supra Launch SSV