Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

1k installed makes more sense.

Lots of margin on these add-on components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uniwarking; 03-27-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Can you elaborate a little on where you saw this info please. I am not 100% convinced that doing the upgrade on my LSV when this is available will be worth it. I will absolutely have to see it to believe it. The swell on the other hand looks like it has much more surface area in the water. I could see buying that and installing it on the LSV even if its more money. If I need to still mess around with filling and emptying sides to surf then whats the point.

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Back on the subject of cost... I saw this on dealer connect...

"Parts orders for Swell Systems are $495 plus shipping, and the dealer supplies the installation labor"

I still feel like I'm being taken on the Flow at the current price point. I would have to think that the R&D and part cost would be much higher on the Swell than on the Flow.

I'll probably pony up the cash next season anyway...

www.scdealerconnect.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

FLOW & SWELL are two different types of systems and you can't add SWELL to a Moomba. We will have a Mojo wth FLOW at the Southern Surfest, so sign up for a clinic and ride it. FLOW works as it hinders the convergence of the wake directly behind the boat. Check out pics of the NSS system as it also has very little overall surface area.

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Can you elaborate a little on where you saw this info please. I am not 100% convinced that doing the upgrade on my LSV when this is available will be worth it. I will absolutely have to see it to believe it. The swell on the other hand looks like it has much more surface area in the water. I could see buying that and installing it on the LSV even if its more money. If I need to still mess around with filling and emptying sides to surf then whats the point.
    I recommend demoing the Flow before coming to any conclusions on it based off of looks. It works and you don't need to empty ballast on either side, just deploy it and go. Also, Drew is right. If you want the Swell then you'll have to get a Supra. Likewise, Supra owners who don't want to pony up the extra cash for the Swell can't install the FLOW on their boats.
    Last edited by Mobius22; 03-27-2014 at 05:37 PM.

So the wake will be just as big as it is now when I have it tilted to one side? I need to go out and test one but I don't see how that's a replacement for loading up one side of the boat.

There is no replacement for displacement, however, sinking the entire boat with all of your ballast also displaces a lot of water as well instead of the traditional method of just one side. I recommend taking one out and seeing the Flow yourself. I have and it's pretty impressive for being such a small system.

Here's a video of the engineer who designed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnOYHrtsydE

I recommend demoing the Flow before coming to any conclusions on it based off of looks. It works and you don't need to empty ballast on either side, just deploy it and go. Also, Drew is right. If you want the Swell then you'll have to get a Supra. Likewise, Supra owners who don't want to pony up the extra cash for the Swell can't install the FLOW on their boats.
    Honestly I'm hoping that I get a chance to test them all side-by-side this year. I would imagine that Active Water Sports will have most if not all of the surf systems (obviously not MC) at their Demo days. They carry Moomba Flow, Supra Swell, Nautique NSS, and Malibu Surfgate.

I've already ridden the G23 with the NSS, but honestly it was when I was quite a NOOB and really can't speak to much other than it was smooth and I liked it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Honestly I'm hoping that I get a chance to test them all side-by-side this year. I would imagine that Active Water Sports will have most if not all of the surf systems (obviously not MC) at their Demo days. They carry Moomba Flow, Supra Swell, Nautique NSS, and Malibu Surfgate.

I've already ridden the G23 with the NSS, but honestly it was when I was quite a NOOB and really can't speak to much other than it was smooth and I liked it.
    I have a sneaky suspension my Mojo will be the demo boat with the Flow. Last year we used our boat for the Demo on the Mojo Surf because they had no Mojo at the dealer.

Mobius I'm with you on the no replacement for displacement but when you think of whats going on, Normally we would run 1500 rear regular, then 1500 total in front for 3K.

Now we will run 3000 in the rear and 1500 in front. Then deploy the Flow boat will sit almost level and have a massive long wave.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike, Do you know when demo days is yet? I cannot wait to see the Swell and Flow systems in action.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill