Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Perhaps, but I'm sure you would all be completely shocked at the investment required for the engineering and overhead to go from concept to prototype to finished product. Once again, Kudos to SC for coming up with a simple, effective design that has everybody talking.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Perhaps, but I'm sure you would all be completely shocked at the investment required for the engineering and overhead to go from concept to prototype to finished product. Once again, Kudos to SC for coming up with a simple, effective design that has everybody talking.
    This is quite true. I work in industry so I deal with these things on a continual basis. R&D has to be recouped in piece price or it's not worthwhile.

At the same time, I would have to assume the R&D for this specific solution is far less than the other systems out there.

There also seems to be a huge range in part cost and installation cost which would indicate there is a fair amount of margin to work with on the dealer side.

If I had unlimited funds, there is no doubt I'd have the Flow installed now. I'm excited to hear some "real world" experiences!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I have to slightly justify the price to myself...

Design work = Cad, Testing, actual water testing, Patent Costs.
    Tooling to make the parts
    Assembly to make it functional
    First Year Production Costs
    and then the fact its connected to a BOAT

OK I can justify spending 1-1,300 now.

Seriously there is a lot of costs involved in production of something new. I have spent a lot of time talking to Brian and all the costs that go into Speakers, amps, ZLDs, tooling, shipping, frieght, licensing, patents, and all that.

Its not as simple as drawing a picture, go to your CNC machine in the shop and making the part.

I know they had the Swell in design and testing back in 2012 and it just now came out to the public, I wouldn't be surprised to hear the Flow was in design just as long.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

You all have to remember that the tower on your boat has patent royalty costs that is still in effect today. Wait a few years and other companies will come out with a flow device that either doesn't infringe on the patent or royalities paid to the patent owner. You can reverse engineer and fabricate anything as long as it is for your own use.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    The mounting block is held on by 4 bolts. The top 2 are thru bolted with nuts and washers. The bottom 2 are lag bolts since they are below the locker floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbeckner27 View Post
    Joe is right but there are 4 lag bolts on the bottom not just two
    The blade is held in place by the big bottom pivot pin and the spring loaded pin. It is sandwiched between the mounting plate and the outer plate. There is a spacer plate on the interior side of the assembly to maintain the spacing created by the blade on the outer side which is held in place by the two bolts on the interior side.
    Thanks. That's exactly the type of info I was interested in.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

If anyone is interested I might be able to take my mounting plate to work and have them scan the part with our laser scanning CMM to create a 3D model of it for someone looking to make the part themselves.
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Default Re: Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

I'll take it! Thought about buying one and making it fit my 02 lsv...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I've been involved in new product development my whole career...

For a complex design I would agree with you 100%..but this is far from a complex design..rather simple...and they don't need to recover all their development costs in one year..pricing is egregious..just my opinion. It should be priced no higher than $500 with simple installation instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    I've been involved in new product development my whole career...

For a complex design I would agree with you 100%..but this is far from a complex design..rather simple...and they don't need to recover all their development costs in one year..pricing is egregious..just my opinion. It should be priced no higher than $500 with simple installation instructions.
    I agree 100%
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Geez.... not picking on you guys but here are my thoughts.....

We have all these companies that have brought out wakesurf enhancement devices in the last few years... they all are fancy higher end devices that cost a heck of a lot more than the flow does and have more potential for failure (ie: electrical etc). So what does moomba do?? they come out with a simplistic design to offer to their boating customers that has everything you need and nothing more at a real cost effective price and were grinding them on it? I was so pumped that SC came out with the flow and I for one love its simplicity. I laugh at my buddy that bought a 2013 Malibu VLX and cant have the surfgate retro'd onto it.... not only did moomba take care of their new customers they are going to take care of their previous customers as well....

my 2C

geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!