Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Slightly different topic but did anyone read ragboys post on WW about his most recent experience with surf systems?
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by rbeckner27 View Post
    Slightly different topic but did anyone read ragboys post on WW about his most recent experience with surf systems?
    Yes I saw that. You have to take what ever review he writes with the understanding he is a Full Sponcered Tige guy. He pays nothing for his boat.

Tige is the only real wake / surf boat with no enhancement device, but I still consider the VX an enhancement because it was developed to help the surf wave.

For me its still hard to listen to someone tell me X boat is better or worse then another in terms of the device when said person is not even surfing them. RJ is also going to be very biased due to his situation.

I am pretty good friends with the Garcia's have have surfed several times on multiple boats with them, I think they are a great asset to the surf community but saying that, at the end of the day they are always Promotting Tige.

There was a lot of bad things said about SC <Moomba> at the 2012 Polar Bear due to some onforseen circumstances and not being able to run the Mojo in the event to show what it can do.

I was invited last year to bring my Mojo and participate and let people surf it, I just personally could not accept signing a waiver that any damage done to my boat from people or other boats was my responcibility.

I could go on and on how I felt about other boats waves and compare them to the Mojo. I think the Mojo has a lot going for it with the wave, is it the best I've been on? No is it the worst? No. I am however thinking if the Flow performs as shown in the video's and such then the Mojo will have a serious leg up on its compition in the surf market.
    Last edited by mmandley; 03-01-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I am also curious to see if the concept of switching sides while riding will make it into the world championships showing a riders ambidextrous capability will eventually force the Manufacturer's without surf systems to create one.

Any thoughts?
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

I don't think you will see that, one of the things they dont normally show is all the extra weight these boats are running to make those waves.

Sometimes those boats are 5K+ of ballast. You can't just roll that with the surf gate type system. I think this is the exact reason you don't see those system being used in pro surfing yet.

My feeling the whole concept and reason these devices came out was for the weekend warrior who doesn't want to lean to lean a boat to one side, who doesn't want ballast laying in the walkways.

Most people don't need or want a wave the size of mine, nor the size of pro wakes. I think we are in the extreme type catagory when it comes to the amount of ballast we run.

Although my big rule untill this year was absolutly no bags on the floor or seats.

With the Mojo I found I had to run a 450 in the bow on the surf side to really maximize that wave. I really hope the Flow makes it so that bag will no longer be needed.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Question for you I called my dealer today about adding the flow system to my 2012 mojo. He said he wasn't sure if it could be added to 2012 model year. Do you know if you can add the flow to the 2012 mojo

Yes the system is currently retrofit able to all mojos
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Thank you for your reply. Looking forward to getting the flow for my mojo

Default Re: Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Saw it in person..... I like the simplicity..... Took a couple photos.... Doesn't look like it would be that difficult with a molded spacer for the offset on a lsv hull..... uploadfromtaptalk1394504611739.jpguploadfromtaptalk1394504646772.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    When stuck inside......
    Hanging out here and at my favorite camping and truck forums
    same name at www.dogandtrailer.com and www.duramaxforum.com
    2006 Mobius LS, 2009 Sydney Outback 310 BHS, 2011 Duramax - My toys

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Iam being told by my dealer the LSV flow should be ready in april,anybody hearing anything else
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

How old of an LSV???? /me hopes 2003
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers