Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    All the manufacturers haves some device now hanging off the back of their boats to enhance the wake, and move it back away from the transom.
    Not all.

Centurion & MB still rely only on displacement.

I talked to a gentleman from SC at the Milwaukee show and he told me the flow bracket is held on the boat by a 3M adhesive and screws/nuts. My guess is a similar adhesive GM has used to mount doors...

In person it looks fairly simplistic in design..I would almost go as far as saying it looked cheap and out of place on the Mojo at the show...IMO

If I were to purchase a boat with this installed from new or install on my existing boat I would definitely get the components powder-coated.

sometimes simple works.
    not sure why powdercoat? it looks very nice when not deployed and when it is deployed, you'll be in the water and moving so what difference does it make then?
    the unit I examined in milwaukee looked to have some pretty tight tolerances. powdercoat could mess that up.

in it's current state, those that know what it is will examine it, those that don't will ask what it is since it doesn't "blend in" with the boat and you get an opportunity to school them on Moomba wake technology. win-win
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Not all.

At some point in Centurions recent past they used to offer the Switchblade as an option. My buddy bought a 2006 avalanche with it installed. It works OK, definitely shapes the wave, not sure it does much for size or length of the wave.
    2008 Outback V

Default Re: Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

The Switchblade was a 3rd party offering. Its still around and a few folks swear by it. It makes me nervous from a safety standpoint with swimmers and the force it would seem to exert on the transom.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Not all.

http://www.centurionboats.com/technology/

I think that Centurion's CATS fin is certainly something that they are using to delay convergence. And they have asymetrical trim tabs (they call them wing tabs). So I would say that Centurion is most certainly using tech. Their rep claimed that by using their cats fin to delay convergence, they are doing it from the center of the boat and not from the rear like everyone else and they claimed that allows them to have more push... Whether it's true or not, I can't say. But they're in the game.

Supreme and MB are displacement only...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Hey Everyone I saw this link on youtube about the new flow system. I know people were wondering what the surf wave would look like with regular ballast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQzT8nlTx5o

Quote Originally Posted by Mfeeney View Post
    Hey Everyone I saw this link on youtube about the new flow system. I know people were wondering what the surf wave would look like with regular ballast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQzT8nlTx5o
    Thanks for that link, wave looks clean!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

nice wave, but what about the regular side
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Anyone have a chance to try this out yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost