Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    I can tell you right now that with the Mojo, you're going to want more weight than the stock setup if you want to maximize the wave. Regardless of having Flow or not.
    Your absolutely correct, You have to get that boat to Lean a bit. Stock only looks nice from the cabin, not when your in the wave.

This is the new thread I started, pics and Video included.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....880#post240880
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I can tell you right now that with the Mojo, you're going to want more weight than the stock setup if you want to maximize the wave. Regardless of having Flow or not.
    Yeah, I surfed a mojo today with flow and was under-whelmed. Yep, it had stock ballast and we added the wraparound bow sack under the seats (looks like per wakemakers that's 600 to 700 pounds). The flow equipped boat was "okay" but lacking in the push department. We tried each of the settings and ended up riding at the middle setting. I mean, it was enough to freeride, but not enough to really have fun slashing up the wake.

The stock bags in the rear lockers looked pretty small. Like you could Easily double them and put a 2nd set in on top of the first.

I am sure that you could get it dialed in with the right bags. And I'm sure the flow helps. I could tell that the flow was helping the pocket, almost flowing the darkside wave under the surfside to make the surfside a little bigger.

After riding the flow equipped mojo, I rode a Malibu VLX with upgraded ballast on top of the factory + wedge + surfgate and it blew the poor little mojo out of the water. Yes, it's not a fair comparison, as the Malibu is a TON more expensive and a bigger boat. But DAMN, that Malibu had push for days and the mojo not even close. I'd imagine if you could add the right ballast that the mojo would perform enough to make you a lot happier, but it needs more than stock and a bow sack to have enough push to make me satisfied...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Yeah, I surfed a mojo today with flow and was under-whelmed. Yep, it had stock ballast and we added the wraparound bow sack under the seats (looks like per wakemakers that's 600 to 700 pounds). The flow equipped boat was "okay" but lacking in the push department. We tried each of the settings and ended up riding at the middle setting. I mean, it was enough to freeride, but not enough to really have fun slashing up the wake.

The stock bags in the rear lockers looked pretty small. Like you could Easily double them and put a 2nd set in on top of the first.

I am sure that you could get it dialed in with the right bags. And I'm sure the flow helps. I could tell that the flow was helping the pocket, almost flowing the darkside wave under the surfside to make the surfside a little bigger.

After riding the flow equipped mojo, I rode a Malibu VLX with upgraded ballast on top of the factory + wedge + surfgate and it blew the poor little mojo out of the water. Yes, it's not a fair comparison, as the Malibu is a TON more expensive and a bigger boat. But DAMN, that Malibu had push for days and the mojo not even close. I'd imagine if you could add the right ballast that the mojo would perform enough to make you a lot happier, but it needs more than stock and a bow sack to have enough push to make me satisfied...
    Maybe you should ride the Mojo with upgraded ballast like you did with the Malibu and THEN make a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson
    Yes, it's not a fair comparison, .
    Maybe you should ride the Mojo with upgraded ballast like you did with the Malibu and THEN make a comparison.
    If the mojo woulda been equipped with upgraded ballast, I'd be happy to share my insights.

But I can only comment on what I have done and have access to. This was at a Demo day, so it's not like I could snap my fingers and make the boat have upgraded ballast.

I also rode a $180k G25 Coastal Edition today too, but that's not relevant. I guess the Malibu isn't really relevant either except it showed that there was a lot higher levels of performance for the mojo to aspire to. If I'd never ridden better, I'd never know how high to set the bar.

Hell, the mojo is nicer than my Sunsport. i guess I just confirmed what you said that stock ballast (plus a bow sack) isn't enough to be satisfied.

Didn't mean to offend. I can only speak to what I experienced.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

tray. sure that wasn't a 'bu lsv that you rode? mojo is longer by a foot and within 1" of same beam as vlx. price should have nothing to do with how well the boat surfs/boards or rides. the 'bu is a much more feature-laden boat than the mojo but that has nothing to do with actual hull shape.

too bad that for a demo days, there are boats at almost stock ballast and one "slammed". for the uninformed or new consumer, that's not really doing skiers products justice, but as a dealer, bet it makes it much easier to sell the more spensive boat...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Just got back from a demo day where we rode in the 2 boats we had narrowed it down to the Mojo 2.5 and the Axis A22...I was completely UNDERWHELMED with the Moomba and the "flow system" My old 06 LSV with fat guys made about the same wake for surfing, albeit with more work to get it to look like that, but with that said it was OK.

The Axis on the other hand was insane. Within 5 minutes of being in the Axis A22 my wife said, "we are not buying a Moomba." Sorry guys, I loved our LSV, but we are buying an Axis A22 because of the side by side comparison. Surf Gate is the real deal and the rest of the companies are playing catch up right now.

THIS IS MY OPINION...and I am a huge Moomba fan, but for the money, I am now a huge Axis fan. Suppose I have to turn in my user name and password on Tuesday when I order my new Axis????
    Yellow 2006 Moomba LSV
    Gravity III
    Perfect Pass
    3 Kids, 1 Wife, 2 Jobs!
    www.lakehausproductions.com
    www.livingonliquid.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    tray. sure that wasn't a 'bu lsv that you rode? mojo is longer by a foot and within 1" of same beam as vlx. price should have nothing to do with how well the boat surfs/boards or rides. the 'bu is a much more feature-laden boat than the mojo but that has nothing to do with actual hull shape.

too bad that for a demo days, there are boats at almost stock ballast and one "slammed". for the uninformed or new consumer, that's not really doing skiers products justice, but as a dealer, bet it makes it much easier to sell the more spensive boat...
    Honestly I am not sure which 'Bu it was. I get the models confused as I've never really done much research on them. My goal for the day was to ride the various surf systems. Sadly we were out on the G25 for so long that I didn't get the chance to ride the Supra SWELL. I really wanted to do that.

As far as the dealership (Active water sports) they have two locations in the Portland area. Their one location does Malibu/Axis and the other does Nautique/Supra/Moomba. As far as what boats were available and how they were setup, they only had 2 moombas there and they didn't get a ton of attention because people were wanting to ride the most expensive stuff that they really couldn't afford anyway. Ya know, joyriding for free! They had a G21, G23, and G25 so of course those were well used. They only had 1 Supra with the flow. 2 Moombas and they had a fleet of Malibus and 1 Axis. So as far as what Malibu I choose to ride, it was basically I wannna rock something with a surf gate. (which was admittedly impressive. It was cool to see how quick they could changeover from regular to goofy while riding.) Same of course with the NSS. Again, I'm sure the flow is legit when dialed in...

Quote Originally Posted by Glanzer77 View Post
    Just got back from a demo day where we rode in the 2 boats we had narrowed it down to the Mojo 2.5 and the Axis A22...I was completely UNDERWHELMED with the Moomba and the "flow system" My old 06 LSV with fat guys made about the same wake for surfing, albeit with more work to get it to look like that, but with that said it was OK.

The Axis on the other hand was insane. Within 5 minutes of being in the Axis A22 my wife said, "we are not buying a Moomba." Sorry guys, I loved our LSV, but we are buying an Axis A22 because of the side by side comparison. Surf Gate is the real deal and the rest of the companies are playing catch up right now.

THIS IS MY OPINION...and I am a huge Moomba fan, but for the money, I am now a huge Axis fan. Suppose I have to turn in my user name and password on Tuesday when I order my new Axis????
    Were you at the same demo days as me? with Active Water Sports?
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Trayson I'm sorry the Flow let you down, what really let you down was AWS.

I asked them a couple times if they wanted my Mojo there with a Flow thats really weighted. They never said yes so we made other plans on Saturday.

Mojo with the Flow will throw a huge wave with so much push you won't be able to get off your back leg, but your right its not stock at all.

I can't speak on AWS and how they promote the products they sell, I can only say I don't agree with it.

When you get the time your always welcome to come surf our Mojo, I will show you what that boat can do in the hands of someone who knows how to dial it in.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Well said Mike.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

My family was in Minneapolis on Lake Minnekota.
    Yellow 2006 Moomba LSV
    Gravity III
    Perfect Pass
    3 Kids, 1 Wife, 2 Jobs!
    www.lakehausproductions.com
    www.livingonliquid.blogspot.com