Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    Did the Mojo go to a bag for bow weight in the newest models? I thought the first Mojo's had a hard tank for front ballast.
    The IBS is a 650 soft bag, I have mine wired with a separate pump.

Factory Mojo is 650s rear 500 hard tank upfront.

Jester is pretty correct, Although I can get out on a wake board anytime I want, I just suck mice nutts at it. I just have not been able to get the whole thing down.

I can ride switch, side slide, transition in and out of switch and I ride mostly on the Port side of the wave and in the middle. When I go starboard I tend to feel off balance and crash pretty soon LOL.

I do get out and wake board a few times per year but I prefer Surfing. I have been trying to wake skate more but I am having problems getting up.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Any news on when / will the Flow be released for LSV boats?
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Default Re: Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Bump!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Talked to my dealer last week,still in the testing phase,could be awhile, he really hasnt been given a time table from SC so could be a month could be three,I dont think I am going to be putting one on this year so I think I am just going to upgrade to the 1100`s and the IBS and wait to see how the flow works on the LSV and its cheaper,could somebody PM me the discount code at wakemakers so I can get to plumbing. Thanks
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Anybody surf the flow yet? I just dropped my boat at the dealer today to have it installed.
    2012 Mojo
    I just drive the boat and manage the rope.

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

We got out and did some testing yesterday but we had some issues getting the sacs filled up properly so I believe that was the biggest issue but from what I saw yesterday I am still waiting to be impressed
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Testing Phase. You should check into being part of the test.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Spent the first day on the water with the Moomba Flow.

This being said, I have not formed my official thoughts, as this is only the first day and I need to get more testing done. Same as when we got the Mojo last year it took a few outings to get her dialed in.

Initially we did exactly as I have said to people we SACED it out.
    1500 both rear corners, 1500 in the nose via 500 hard tank 650 IBS and 450 walkthrough.

Boat did not like it at all, she was turning 3800 RPMs and growling like a beast.

Wave would not form up at all really. You could see it was too much weight for the Flow.

I started draining the Goofy bag in 25% increments to see when the wave would come up.
    Once we got down to 50% apx 750 the Regular wave did start to clean up but still washy. RPMs droped down to 3200

Kept draining the goofy bag and basically went to 0% on it. Wave was cleaned up. Flow still deployed.
    Moved our Fat Girl <450 Sumo bag> to Regular side in the bow.

I surfed it and it felt really nice, wave was still huge and beefy, lots of power.
    The thing is this is our normal setup. So I really can't say if the Flow is doing anything on my Regular side.

We then went goofy, and learning what we did on the Regular side, we just set up the boat as normal.
    1500 Goofy, 500 hard tank 650 IBS and rolled Fat Girl to Starboard side of the bow.

Ran the boat at 2900 RPM and the wave came right up, looks longer to me then last year, which would mean the Flow is helping. Claudia and Curtis surf goofy so they did there thing. Claudia really liked it, Curtis was over joyed.

Watching Curtis surf < I have Video > the wave looks to be longer and smooth like I like it.

I'm on the fence at this point about Flow because I want to put my 900s in and try that out.

What I saw with the flow is the tabs are not designed to be deep in the water, and deploying the opposite side tab does what they say in changing the convergence of the water under the boat.

Sinking the tabs with big ballast like I run, I think the tab is too low to really change that convergence.
    Weighting the boat as we normally do allows the boat to roll over and essentially bring that tab back to the water depth it likes. I could have tried just running my bags at a lower % but because they are so long the water weight will be shifting, and I want the weight concentrated in the rear of the locker since thats how other would be doing it.

Stay tuned as we do more testing of the next few outings.

In these two goofy side pics, if you look at the Regular corner you can see a Rooster Tail flying across to the Goofy wave, its not effecting the quality just the visual. i think this is telling me I can sink it a little more but we where running out of daylight. More testing LOL. it does this on my Regular side as well.

Last edited by mmandley; 04-14-2014 at 01:26 PM.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Why didn't you do a run with flow, then take the 10 seconds to undo the flow and have an instant contrast?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Why didn't you do a run with flow, then take the 10 seconds to undo the flow and have an instant contrast?
    Because at the point we where at the flow wasn't working as intended. We are already A ll the way back to our normal surfing. The goal with the flow is level boat and instant regular and goofy surfing.
    [COLOR="#696969"]