Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Do you plan to try it with similar to stock ballast? Your mega wave setup may be negating the effects as you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Do you plan to try it with similar to stock ballast? Your mega wave setup may be negating the effects as you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes exactly. I have the factory 650 rears and 900 rear. Next time we go out I'm going to do that.

Yes I could have tried lots of things yesterday but honestly after not being on the water for 6 months and having 5 surfers I didn't have a lot of time to really test it out. I was hoping it would be as simple as load deploy and surf.

I will get more testing done and get this thing figured out.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Hey, I can understand that... I can't wait to get on the water! We had a lovely snow last night... might be a couple weeks... gives me time to install the Exile gear though!

I'm interested to see what everyone has to say on the Flow, this is on my list for next season.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Great info, maybe I can found out if its worth the money to buy the flow for my LSV or just sack it out

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

I am in agreeance with mike that I am yet to be impressed, but I will say it hasn't had the immediate easy setup and usage that I was maybe inappropriately assuming it would.
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

Isn't the Flow suppose to work with the stock ballast, and keep the boat more level when surfing? I don't think it was designed for overweighted boats . Moomba's intention was to creat a better wave while keeping the boat at a SAFE running position bow down and not listing . I was told this by the north amarican rep at the show.
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by papou View Post
    Isn't the Flow suppose to work with the stock ballast, and keep the boat more level when surfing? I don't think it was designed for overweighted boats . Moomba's intention was to creat a better wave while keeping the boat at a SAFE running position bow down and not listing . I was told this by the north amarican rep at the show.
    Yes exactly. Thats why I haven't said its a bad design or anything.
    On the same note very few people run Stock ballast in their boats for surfing or wake boarding.

On that note, even the dealers who are testing the Flow for potential buyers are saying the boats need more nose weight then factory provides.

I have surfed the Mojo with the factory 650s in the rear and the 500 in the nose and frankly it sucks. There is no push at all, and only someone below 150 on an over sized board can surf it. The pocket is so small its like like throwing a dime in a swimming pool and going to find it in the dark.

I understand the point the factory wants with the flow, and I will go all the way down to factory 650s to test it. Watching all the factory videos on the Mojo and the Flow, things aren't adding up.

When you see how much list is on the rear goofy side of the video First picture
    That boat is sunk hard. Only way I can get the rear of my boar that deep surfing is with way more then factory ballast.

22 seconds in the clip they have the MOJO 2.5 kissing the water. That sucker is sacked, or its super nose high. Yet we all know from experience all Moomba's like nose weight when surfing.

54 seconds in they show the boat making the wave on the Regular side and you can clearly see the boat is not sunk as deep.
    The water is several inches below the MOJO 2.5

59 seconds the Goofy wave is up and they are surfing a massive wave but guess what? The 2.5 is completely under the water again.

1:03 Regular wave the water is back up over the white strip and just under the 2.5 again.

1:18 Goofy wonderful shot down the side and the 2.5 is drowning in water.

My point is, and really trying to be professional here and give the Flow its due credit.

The factory can claim what ever they want as weights in a boat. They will never admit to adding more then the sticker says a boat can handle due to legal ramifications.
    When you own that very boat and sink it like I do, and many others, you learn where the water flows on the side of the hull. I don't believe for a second that boat is running 650's and 500 hard tank at all.

Trust me I want it to surf like a monster with 650's in the rear, look at all the fuel I would save.
    Last edited by mmandley; 04-15-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

For me I'm looking at the flow as an option for quick change when my crew has riders that ride both sides... when i go out with only guys riding goofy which is what i ride i'll lean the boat over and surf like we have in the past... when we have both sides needed i'll load up normal and just have an extra 400lb bag that we will roll from side to side.... that being said this could all go out the window when i get out there for the first time and play around. With the Mondo i won't have the option of the bag size like Mike has so i'll be sticking to 750 rears, stock middle and IBS up front. I still have 2 400lb bags and and extra 1100lb triangle bag kicking around that i can play with if need be. Bottom line i can't wait!!!!!!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Here is a Video we did shoot of my buddy Curtis surfing goofy. We are running our normal weights,
    1500 rear, 500 center 650 IBS and 450 in bow on seats.

Here I think the Flow is actually helping because the wave does seem longer and its cleaner then last year.

Like I said I haven't said the Flow is not working, I'm just trying to see how to maximize it and make my wave look like the factory video.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    For me I'm looking at the flow as an option for quick change when my crew has riders that ride both sides... when i go out with only guys riding goofy which is what i ride i'll lean the boat over and surf like we have in the past... when we have both sides needed i'll load up normal and just have an extra 400lb bag that we will roll from side to side.... that being said this could all go out the window when i get out there for the first time and play around. With the Mondo i won't have the option of the bag size like Mike has so i'll be sticking to 750 rears, stock middle and IBS up front. I still have 2 400lb bags and and extra 1100lb triangle bag kicking around that i can play with if need be. Bottom line i can't wait!!!!!!
    I talked to Wakemakers yesterday and they were suggesting that the 900's would fit great in a Mondo .. With that being said.. its like a 20 dollar difference per bag from the 750s.
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz