Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I hope so because with my ballast I could surf in the next zipcode.
    now that is funny..

You still need to run ballast, just now you run it equal on both sides.
    It is a manual tab you pull down on the opposite side you surf. Reg surf you deploy the Star tab. Goofy surf you deploy the Reg side.
    This does allow faster switching between sides.
    It also causes the wave to form farther behind the boat, in effect making you surf farther behind the boat.

I have not riden any of the systems, Swell, Surf Gate, NSS.
    I've ridden on the G23 which has totally ruined my experience with my LSV... If only I had $150K....
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Got the official word today.

Boat goes in on March 17th for several upgrades.
    The 3 I can mention are.
    1. Moomba Flow System
    2. Black out Moomba letters, No more plasti-dip on my side letters.
    3. 2014 Swim Deck Brackets.

After some other work is done I should have her back by end of March and if weather gives me 55 and no rain I will finally get my first surf of 14 in.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

What are the ones you can't mention???
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Stripper pole
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Got the official word today.

Boat goes in on March 17th for several upgrades.
    The 3 I can mention are.
    1. Moomba Flow System
    2. Black out Moomba letters, No more plasti-dip on my side letters.
    3. 2014 Swim Deck Brackets.

After some other work is done I should have her back by end of March and if weather gives me 55 and no rain I will finally get my first surf of 14 in.
    I'm very curious about #3 here... Last year I was told the 14 brackets were not retro'able. Moomba paid warranty to replace my brackets when my swim platform was wobbling an inch after a few months... But they are still the 13 style so I doubt they will last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    I'm very curious about #3 here... Last year I was told the 14 brackets were not retro'able. Moomba paid warranty to replace my brackets when my swim platform was wobbling an inch after a few months... But they are still the 13 style so I doubt they will last.

My experience has been less then pleasing with Moomba Swim brackets.
    08 LSV would rattle so bad I could hear it while surfing over my stereo. Drove me nuts.

13 Mojo second time out the little factory screws stripped out, dealer had to remove them. They installed some larger 2.5 inch long bolts. Each time we went out I had to tighten it a little more, and a little more. In July due to the bolts putting so much pressure on the brackets, the bottom pin that holds the swim deck in the bracket sheered off and I almost had the swim deck come out of the bracket.

Got new bolts, by the end of the summer, and the current way they are now is 4 bent bolts, that wont come out of the brackets, and the rails on the swim deck are bent, missing metal.

Option 1 is let the factory do a warrenty repair and I get the exact same set up just to go through all this again in 14.
    Option 2 work out an agreement on 14 brackets and pay the bill.

Your right on the 14 brackets don't just bolt up. They have to drill some new holes and such. This is part of the reason my boat will be in the shop so long. They will have to do a little gel work on the rear to make everything look right. I will def get you guys pictures of the work after.

This could very well be your next year upgrade. Some upgrades seem like they should be factory but they aren't.

As for the letters, I have 2 people already interested in them.
    AWS said they will try to remove them gingerly but ultimatly they dont expect them to be reusable. IDK we will see.

I am mainly upgrading to the black because I'm a stickler for how my boat looks, and just 1 bump on the dock pad makes the plasti-dip peel and I don't like respraying them every few weeks to make them look black. I have to fork out the money for the new upgraded Black letters but in the end I think its money well spent.
    Last edited by mmandley; 03-01-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I am interested in the black chrome letters. What is the cost from your dealer or did you order them locally?
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

The best part about the surf systems in my opinion is you can instantly go from wakeboarding to surfing without having to drain one side and out a bag on this seat ect ect. The ability to just use one ballast set up and go from side to side and boarding to surfing is a huge advantage. I might actually surf if I had a system like this

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    The best part about the surf systems in my opinion is you can instantly go from wakeboarding to surfing without having to drain one side and out a bag on this seat ect ect. The ability to just use one ballast set up and go from side to side and boarding to surfing is a huge advantage. I might actually surf if I had a system like this

Sent from my iPhone
    Agreed. The system seems easy and appears to produce a nice clean wave. It also reduces the need for additional investment and lost storage due to ballast improvements.

I want the Flow... Just hard to stomach the bill... Especially with all I've spent an am continuing to spend on Exile gear!

My dealer seems to be a way off from where other dealers are as far as purchase and install cost goes... that's my major hang up right now.

2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost