Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Damn, if it keeps going up in price it better be automated, every time I see a new quote it's gone up. At that price ill just update my ballast

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    I just received a quote of $1550 ~ $1750 for the flow installed... quite a bit higher than I'd hoped.
    It seems prices are fluctuating, and this very well might be partly dealer, and partly your regional area. I have my Flow on order, I plan to take my boat down in Feb to get everything installed. I will be happy to share my dealer's price for the install. I think it would only be a reference though.

Once mine is on and we have a chance to be on the lake you can bet ill be trying it out, pictures and video.

Last year we where lucky and we where on the lake in March. Thats the earliest we can go to the Lake since ours doesn't open till March 1st.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    It seems prices are fluctuating, and this very well might be partly dealer
    No doubt about it, Mike. Different dealers/shops have different shop rates. That's true for anything and I don't think the mfg can't really do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    No doubt about it, Mike. Different dealers/shops have different shop rates. That's true for anything and I don't think the mfg can't really do anything about it.
    I persoanlly haven't even asked my dealer what it will cost. To me it a must not an option LOL. I know my dealer will take care of me. Buying 2 boats, and as much gear, parts, service I do, I almost have my own rate for things now LOL. Its always smart to get in good with your local dealer.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I persoanlly haven't even asked my dealer what it will cost. To me it a must not an option LOL. I know my dealer will take care of me. Buying 2 boats, and as much gear, parts, service I do, I almost have my own rate for things now LOL. Its always smart to get in good with your local dealer.
    I think Radich at AWS quoted me between $1300 and $1400 installed at the boat show. Seems fair for a piece of factory equipment.

How many man hours should this install take? I wouldnt' think it would be more than 1 ~ 2 hrs.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    How many man hours should this install take? I wouldnt' think it would be more than 1 ~ 2 hrs.
    Sea Ray of Cincy said it took 2 guys about 2 hours for the first one which would mean they bill the customer a little extra than the 4 hours maybe.

What am I missing? I would think you just need to find/measure the location, drill the holes and bolt it on........can't imagine two hours unless a 12-pack was also involved.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I just attended the Dallas boat show and the Moomba factory rep was there. The wake enhancement is not available yet for the newer LSV models. I have a 2013. My dealer said as soon as its available, they will notify me.
    All the manufacturers haves some device now hanging off the back of their boats to enhance the wake, and move it back away from the transom. More room to surf without hitting the back of the boat.
    ADM

2018 Craz

I heard Rick T was in Dallas this weekend so that's probably the "rep" you talked to. I would bet whatever info he shared is pretty accurate ha