Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    I think that stock in a 13 Mojo was only the 400s in the rear so if you want a good surf wave then you need to upgrade your bags to at least 750s. Regardless of using the flow or not, you need more weight than the stock setup for the Mojo since it's such a deep boat. Upgrade your bags, try surfing it, then decide if you want the flow or not.
    I think they're actually 650 in the rear with a 500 center tank. G3 is standard on the '13 Mojo if I remember correct... I may be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyr View Post
    I thought the hulls on the Supras and Moombas were the same shape for the various models, why would the flow not work on a Supra?
    I am not aware of any Moombas that share a Supra hull, especially the newer models.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Not sure if this has been posted... nice write up at Dealer Connect:

Go with the FLOW! - Optimizing your boat set-up

April 17, 2014

The Moomba Flow surf system’s simple & durable design allows the user to quickly change from wakeboarding to surfing without adjusting little or no ballast adjustment. It also allows for easy changeovers between surfing on the port, or starboard side of the boat. Here are a couple of quick tips that will help you get your boat set up properly with the Flow surf system:

1) The flow system should be deployed on the opposite side that you plan to surf. Deploy that tab only. The tab on the side you are surfing should not be engaged (full UP position).

2) Start with the boat evenly weighted side-to-side. Flow is designed to allow a quick change-over from wakeboarding to surfing, and from starboard to port side surfing. Weighting each side evenly makes the system versatile, and convenient. Putting too much weight on the side you are surfing can negate the effect of the Flow system and cause the wakes to wash out.

3) The boat should be weighted 60/40 back to front. If you put all of the weight in the back of the boat, the Flow system will not work well. One way to check this is to check the level of the swim platform in the water before surfing. The platform should be right at water level or just slightly below, but still level. If the platform is deep under water or at a downward angle, then there is likely too much weight in the rear of the boat (or too little weight in the front).

4) Experiment with the 3 settings on Flow to optimize wakes for the load you are pushing and the skill of the surfer. If you are using stock ballast, beginners will probably do best on the first (highest) setting, as it is a steeper wake with the best “push”. This wake is not as long, but Beginners can easily stay in this wake without much movement, because it is steep. Most riders will enjoy the middle setting, as it is a nice combination between a longer wake and a solid push. The last, or lowest setting creates a longer wake that some advanced surfers will enjoy, because they have more room to do advanced tricks, but still have room to "pump" back in, if they fall out of the sweet-spot.

5) The wakeplate should start at 50% when surfing in any of these positions. You can experiment slightly with the plate to get the cleanest wave possible. Depending on the weight in the boat and the specific model, sometimes you may even have to run the plate all up or all down to get best wave.

As most experienced surfers have discovered, there is no perfect setting in wakesurfing. Ballast, people, depth of the water,wind, and even the amount of gas on board can change the size/shape of the wake. Be Flexible, and try new things when conditions change:
    Here are a few extra customizing tips that you can experiment with:

1) If you want to tweak the wakes a little bit, shift one extra person to the side you are surfing.

2) If you have a heavy load of people, or extra ballast on board, you may need to use the lower settings on Flow. The higher settings may cause spray on the face of the wake if you have the boat heavily weighted.

3) If a quick changeover (wakeboard to surf, or side to side) is not a priority, you can always go back to leaning the boat on rear corner, by loading it up heavier. All of the Moomba models are capable surf boats, with, or without a Surf enhancement device. The Flow system is designed to add convenience and quick change-overs.

On-water Demos are proven to be the best way to complete a sale with customers who are interested in an inboard boat. The best thing you can do to ensure good customer demos is to get out and test the boat yourself before you get your customers out. Discover what works best, and then you will be knowledgeable and credible with your customers.
    Go with the Flow!

http://www.scdealerconnect.com/product-knowledge.php
    2022 Moomba Mojo

Good advice and frankly the better write up I have seen.

I am headed out today and will try some of this. IDK about the swim deck being level with the water. i guess I'm going to flip that % and go 60 front 40 rear LOL.

Our swim deck sits pretty level with the water when i have NO weight in it.

When I filled all the ballast up a couple weeks ago the deck was more then a foot underwater hahaha.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I read that to mean parallel, not even with the surface. Be interested to see how it goes for you today.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    The platform should be right at water level or just slightly below, but still level. If the platform is deep under water or at a downward angle, then there is likely too much weight in the rear of the boat (or too little weight in the front).
    Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I read that to mean parallel, not even with the surface. Be interested to see how it goes for you today.
    I hope you're right, but I read it the same way that Mike did. I think the key question is what do they consider "deep" in that original statement, because even my OBV with the stock ballast (GIII) has the platform FULLY underwater.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I will post up later today my findings yesterday. Teaser alert, I made it work with positive results but still had to tweak it.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I'm looking forward to your notes... I'm trying to see if I should hold out for the flow, upgrade sacks or plan to do both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo

Making a new thread to go with this one, this one is pretty long and kinda hard to follow unless you read the bulk of it.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I can tell you right now that with the Mojo, you're going to want more weight than the stock setup if you want to maximize the wave. Regardless of having Flow or not.